Science! (6 Viewers)

I know 3
==================

Mikael Vejdemo-Johansson, a mathematician in Stockholm, recently led a small team on a quest to discern how many tie knots are possible. Their results, uploaded to arXiv, say there are 177,147 different ways to tie the knot of a necktie.

That is 177,062 more ways than were found in 1999 by Cambridge mathematicians Yong Mao and Thomas Fink, who arrived at 85 possible ways to tie a tie……..

I have never learned how to tie a single one even though I went to a Catholic high school for 2 years that required a tie and jacket. I didn't wear a clip on but had my dad tie them and just loosened them enough to slip them on and off as needed. The same thing when I was in the Navy during the 80's and the neckerchief that was worn whenever I had to wear the Dress Blues or Whites.

I have never learned how to tie a single one even though I went to a Catholic high school for 2 years that required a tie and jacket. I didn't wear a clip on but had my dad tie them and just loosened them enough to slip them on and off as needed. The same thing when I was in the Navy during the 80's and the neckerchief that was worn whenever I had to wear the Dress Blues or Whites.
Lol, I bought my neckerchief already tied permanently with a Velcro connector on the back!

Lol, I bought my neckerchief already tied permanently with a Velcro connector on the back!
In the 80's that wasn't an option. You could take it into the dry cleaning shop and the would press, roll it and tie it. Never saw one permanently tie with a Velcro clip.

In the 80's that wasn't an option. You could take it into the dry cleaning shop and the would press, roll it and tie it. Never saw one permanently tie with a Velcro clip.
Sure it was, late 80's, also had velcro on my dress blues (too many damn buttons) and a zipper in my top, those were for liberty only of course.
Had them made in Hong Kong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom