Science! (4 Viewers)

Scientists with Saildrone and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration managed to drive a robotic surfboard into the core of Category 4 Hurricane Sam on Thursday, in a first-of-its-kind scientific mission as they try to better understand hurricanes.

The video, captured just northeast of Hurricane Sam’s monstrous eye, depicts eerily dark skies, screaming winds and a thick veil of sea spray and mist lofted into the air.

Enormous waves can be seen swinging the probe like a pendulum……

They can survive in the vacuum of space. I wonder what the chances are that the one trapped in amber is in suspended animation? If they could revive something from that long ago, imagine what they could discover about ...... everything from that long ago.

That's a good idea, but after watching Brandon's doc, I think I remember one of the scientists saying that there isn't any moisture in the air in those areas where the drought is really hitting them hard. I wonder if it would work at all in those areas.

That's a good idea, but after watching Brandon's doc, I think I remember one of the scientists saying that there isn't any moisture in the air in those areas where the drought is really hitting them hard. I wonder if it would work at all in those areas.
It covered the area's where it worked best being near the coast iirc. Either way, if those folks are pulling from the atmosphere, it leaves more of the current system for other areas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom