Science! (6 Viewers)

The company announced that in a cell model trial, the adapted extract showed 5 times higher anti-cancer efficacy than the original extract while causing 100% mortality of pancreatic cancer cells. In the active concentration on pancreatic cancer cells, no damage to the healthy cells was observed. The cannabinoid extract resulted in an 80% mortality of pancreatic cancer cells.

That's a good article. I passed this along to a few people. Thank you. 2 of them have stage 4 cancer, so they might find it at least interesting.
If you are passing that along, I'd pass on the video I posted in "The Science of Fasting" and Dr. Jamnadas video posted deep in it. It seems that significant calorie restriction can assist the human body in fighting off cancerous cells. At a min, I'd recommend they discuss with Dr's a fast for 3 days going into chemo. That seems to be the point where processes in the cells change such that healthy cells will block more of the chemo where the cancerous cells will continue to ingest. Dr Jamnadas has studies of 7-day fasts impact on cancer and the human system.

Pretty fascinating stuff to me and I would encourage them to watch then discuss it with their Dr's. I hear some insist on patients eating regular meals. I've discussed with my Dr's several times that I've gone to intermittent fasting with longer ones added in and not a single one has warned me against it. But they all have access to see that my health has vastly improved with the loss of weight, correction in A1C, better cholesterol numbers, and a few other things.

It's a very low cost and risk option imo, but I'd never recommend doing it without discussing it with a trusted Dr.

If you are passing that along, I'd pass on the video I posted in "The Science of Fasting" and Dr. Jamnadas video posted deep in it. It seems that significant calorie restriction can assist the human body in fighting off cancerous cells. At a min, I'd recommend they discuss with Dr's a fast for 3 days going into chemo. That seems to be the point where processes in the cells change such that healthy cells will block more of the chemo where the cancerous cells will continue to ingest. Dr Jamnadas has studies of 7-day fasts impact on cancer and the human system.

Pretty fascinating stuff to me and I would encourage them to watch then discuss it with their Dr's. I hear some insist on patients eating regular meals. I've discussed with my Dr's several times that I've gone to intermittent fasting with longer ones added in and not a single one has warned me against it. But they all have access to see that my health has vastly improved with the loss of weight, correction in A1C, better cholesterol numbers, and a few other things.

It's a very low cost and risk option imo, but I'd never recommend doing it without discussing it with a trusted Dr.

I've always thought, if I ever get some kinda terminal cancer, I'd skip the drugs and do some extreme fasting experiment on myself.

I've always thought, if I ever get some kinda terminal cancer, I'd skip the drugs and do some extreme fasting experiment on myself.
I can't see myself skipping the drugs. I'd definitely fast though.

I can't see myself skipping the drugs. I'd definitely fast though.
It depends on the drugs. I'm talking terminal here, so if it's drugs that make me feel good, I'd do the drugs too. Drugs that make you feel crappy just to extend life a little further? no

Scientists have spotted an entirely new kind of explosion happening in space.

Astronomers say the explosion could change our understanding of how stars erupt. And their kind – micronovae, a thermonuclear blast – could actually be common throughout the universe.

But they last for just a few hours, making them very difficult to actually spot.

The blasts happen on surface of some stars. Though they are short, they are powerful, rapidly burning through massive amounts of stellar material.

Researchers spotted the phenomenon in three white dwarfs, which are the leftovers of dead stars. In each case, they were devouring a companion star.........

Some people would say there is a rhythm to life, but in fact, there is a hum. Beyond visible movements and growth, every living cell emits vibrations known as "nanomotion."

Thanks to a relatively new material, known as graphene, scientists were able to amplify frequencies of such nanomotion, which individual bacteria emit, and reproduce audio recordings.

Via an ultra-thin bilayer membrane of graphene — the latest "spyware," so-to-speak, in a decades-long arms race against antibacterial-resistant "superbugs" — they were able to rapidly distinguish living and deceased bacteria in a laboratory culture.

In other words, scientists were able to "listen" to the sound of a single bacteria, moving all by itself in the water. The recording, which is linked below, is an unprecedented view into the usually-invisible microscopic world...........

Through a combination of modeling, satellite imagery and data collected from flying through the clouds themselves, researchers have identified a process of 'secondary' ice production. This means icy particles collide with supercooled water droplets, freezing and then shattering them, creating many more shards of ice.

The technical term for this sequence of events is Hallett-Mossop rime splintering. It dims the clouds, reducing the amount of sunlight that's reflected back into space, and allowing more of it through into the ocean below.

I think if they prove that there was life 4.2 billion years ago, they will have to reevaluate how old the Earth is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom