Science! (5 Viewers)

Last edited:

I'm not an astrophysicist, but I've read a bit over the years. I would suspect the discrepancy in age of stars vs universe may be attributed to my theory that dark matter isn't a constant variable. I suspect that over billions of years, the amount and strength of dark matter is cyclical, and makes getting all of the variables in determining the age of things in space really difficult. I also think there is still enough we don't know about space to affect those variables as well. It's definitely an interesting subject to me.

The Earth has a new moon

The Earth has a new moon

Game changer in cancer treatment?

Ever since my mom was taken from us by cancer, I've thought that this is the breakthrough technology that could save the most lives. Whether it be a blood test or a scan.....just something to catch cancer in the earliest stages. When caught early, cancer is usually very treatable. Most of the research is trying to find the "magic bullet" that can cure cancer, but if we could invest in the detection of cancer (especially if it can be done in mass, and cheaply), it could potentially save thousands of lives a year.

Ever since my mom was taken from us by cancer, I've thought that this is the breakthrough technology that could save the most lives. Whether it be a blood test or a scan.....just something to catch cancer in the earliest stages. When caught early, cancer is usually very treatable. Most of the research is trying to find the "magic bullet" that can cure cancer, but if we could invest in the detection of cancer (especially if it can be done in mass, and cheaply), it could potentially save thousands of lives a year.

Another argument for universal healthcare.
Everybody gets a scan every couple of years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom