Science! (9 Viewers)

Another story I remmeber hearing was that in the late 40's he was being heckled by an opposing fan next to the 3rd base dugout. Williams started hammering line drives at him and the heckling stopped. :)
Yes I meant Tony. No idea why I typed Ted. After Ricky Henderson Tony was my favorite player in the late 80's and 90's.

Ever time I see this thread, I think of this.

SCIENCE!!!!

TOKYO (AP) — Scientists have discovered the ultimate case of regeneration: Some decapitated sea slugs can regrow hearts and whole new bodies.

This “wonder of nature,” reported in a biology journal on Monday, could eventually help scientists better understand and tackle regeneration of human tissue.

Biology researcher Sayaka Mitoh said she loves studying Japanese sea slugs because they are small, cute and weird. They can even briefly photosynthesize like a plant drawing food from the sun.

One day in the lab, she saw something bizarre: A sea slug had decapitated itself and the head kept on moving and living. Then a couple more did the same, according to a study in Current Biology.

So the doctoral student and Nara Women’s University aquatic ecology professor Yoichi Yusa tried it themselves, cutting the heads off 16 sea slugs. Six of the creatures started regeneration, with three succeeding and surviving. One of the three even lost and regrew its body twice. Two different species of Japanese sea slugs did this regeneration trick.............

Heads up: Some sea slugs grow new bodies after decapitation (apnews.com)

Us mammals are a trippy bunch. We've got bats, who can outfly a moth. Mongooses who're faster than a cobra, and otters that can outswim a trout.
One of my favorite videos.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom