Science! (10 Viewers)

I've heard of a harvest moon but not a pink supermoon
================================

WASHINGTON, DC — There’s some stellar news about the full pink supermoon that will rise over DC and northern Virginia late Monday evening and remain in view through Wednesday, April 28.....

The April 26 full moon is the first of three consecutive supermoons. The full moons on May 26 and June 24 are also supermoons.

Supermoons are not really bigger and brighter, though. And no small amount of debate surrounds the question of whether supermoons are even a real thing.

The term was coined in pre-internet 1979 by astrologer Richard Nolle to describe new and full moons that occur when the orb is within 90 percent of perigee — in lay terms, at its closest approach to Earth in the elliptical orbit.

The closeness to Earth — keep in mind, our planet and moon are still 226,000 miles apart at this point — makes the moon appear about 30 percent brighter and 14 percent larger than when the moon is at its farthest point from our planet, called apogee.

The supermoon effect is an illusion, or trick of the eye. The moon can make for slightly stronger tides, and they’ll look super under the light of a silvery moon, but that happens with every full moon............

A bit heavy on the sensationalizing spin, but still interesting. Wish they didn't write it so alarmist.

On a similar note, Deer have been filmed eating meat. I won't post a video,but they are on youtube if you want to watch them. Evolution historically makes an animal eventually become omnivores

On a similar note, Deer have been filmed eating meat. I won't post a video,but they are on youtube if you want to watch them. Evolution historically makes an animal eventually become omnivores
vampire deer.jpg
vampire deer 2.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom