Science! (6 Viewers)

So this morning, Richard Branson successfully completed his virgin (heh) flight to space in his VSS Unity space plane. Pretty fascinating.

Well, 53 miles high and floating in the cabin is good enough for me. :hihi:
It's definitely a great accomplishment. Not panning it at all.

I'm wondering now how long it'll be until we have commercial space flight as common place as current air travel. IDK what it will cost, but if I could afford a trip to the moon I think I gotta take the trip.

It's definitely a great accomplishment. Not panning it at all.

I'm wondering now how long it'll be until we have commercial space flight as common place as current air travel. IDK what it will cost, but if I could afford a trip to the moon I think I gotta take the trip.
Absolutely. If I had the money Branson has, I'd like to think I'd be doing the same thing.

To find out, the team implanted sensors on the surface of the man's brain. Then it had a computer study the patterns of electrical activity produced when he attempted to speak 50 different words. The process took months.

Once BRAVO1 could reliably generate words on a computer screen, the team began having him form sentences. To help improve accuracy, the team added a program that analyzed the context of each word as it was added.

Outside California

spilled_paint.jpg

Plant those trees in this field and move sleeping people there and when they wake up they'll think they've been transported to Oz

Last edited:
Given recent events and the closing of a certain thread, wouldn't it be fun to start a "Not-Science!!!" thread? :hihi:

So this morning, Richard Branson successfully completed his virgin (heh) flight to space in his VSS Unity space plane. Pretty fascinating.
The FAA, NASA, and the U.S. Military say "space" begins at 50 miles. That's why they qualified for the civilian astronaut pins. Some say it begins at the Karman Line, which is 62 miles. Either way it's a major accomplishment for a privately owned and operated endeavor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom