Science! (11 Viewers)

Thanks. But I truly don't feel like I'm missing anything.
It's just not my cup of tea. I'm glad that everyone else still feels that stuff is the bomb. (<- Is that still a current phrase?) :unsure:
I don't know. I'm old af too. :hihi:

I did that once when I was a kid as well. I think it was a 10-12 volume set. Something like that.
I can't remember how many volumes it was. I do remember some like Q-R ,I-J and Xyz words being combined in
a single book.

I did that once when I was a kid as well. I think it was a 10-12 volume set. Something like that.
Even in middle school when we could go into the school library I would head right over to the reference material.
Novels & fictional books did nothing for me. I wanted to learn how to do or make something.
I guess I was always a strange person when it came to books.

Even in middle school when we could go into the school library I would head right over to the reference material.
Novels & fictional books did nothing for me. I wanted to learn how to do or make something.
Yeah, I just did a little bit of everything when going to the library. Part of it was that fiction was required reading in schools and so I learned to enjoy it, and of course I loved cartoons and comics, yet I read short sports bios on athletes like Bobby Orr, Joe Namath, Johnny Unitas, Steve Mizirak (yeah the pool/billiards player) among others. Also read a few biographies, history books, arts and what not. I enjoyed reading. But haven't don't much in recent years.

My go to book when I went to the library in HS was Chiltons auto repair manual.I had strange tastes as well.

My go to book when I went to the library in HS was Chiltons auto repair manual.I had strange tastes as well.
The Chilton manuals were the reason my first [good paying] job was as a GM auto technician. I needed that job to pay for and finish my flying lessons. I would eventually take the mechanical knowledge to the airport in Hammond (LA) to begin an apprenticeship as an Airframe & Powerplant mechanic at one of the FBOs there. I figured that if I was going to fly 'em, it was probably a good idea to know all about fixing 'em too. As an aircraft mechanic I was able to log a lot of free PIC time due to all the maintenance flights. I sure wish general aviation maintenance was a viable employment option these days. I'd love to get back into aviation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom