Science! (5 Viewers)

I don't remember if I made this joke or not, but it's true. Every time I see this thread, inside my head, I instantly start to hear this song.

I can't help it. lol.

UGR researchers from the Mind, Brain and Behaviour Research Centre (CIMCYC) have established that individuals who frequently use self-defeating humour -- aimed at gaining the approval of others through self-mockery -- exhibit greater levels of psychological well-being.

The UGR group's findings, recently published in the international journal Personality and Individual Differences, contradict some of the research carried out to date in the psychology of humour. Up until now, a significant deal of the research literature has suggested that self-defeating humour is exclusively associated with negative psychological effects among individuals who regularly employ this style of humour…….

This isn’t really science and don’t know if it’s even true but in school I was told that when the Mayflower landed at Plymouth Rock a squirrel could go from tree to tree from the eastern coastline to the Mississippi River and never have to touch the ground

Last edited:
This isn’t really science and don’t know if it’s even true but in school I was told that when the Mayflower landed at Plymouth Rock a squirrel could go from tree to tree from the eastern coastline to the Mississippi River and not have to touch the ground
I wouldn't doubt that there could have been such a path.

If you've ever been somewhere like the Ozarks, or Appalachia, it would be easy to feel like it'll never end.

Lightning may play a much bigger part than previously thought in a fundamental process that cleans our atmosphere of pollutants, according to the results of a new study.

New research published in in the journal Science suggests that electrical storms produce large amounts of molecules called oxidating radicals that break down gases like carbon monoxide and methane in the atmosphere. These atmospheric pollutants can contribute to global warming and damage the ozone layer. ……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom