Science! (3 Viewers)

I'm not going to get into a religious debate because I respect your and all people's belief. And this is all I'll say on the matter....the only "proof" of God is a book written long ago. Most everything else can be explained scientifically, observationally. The things we can't explain, yet, are things that we are trying to explain.
Fair enough. I think I am done on this topic as well.
Thanks @Sailorsaint for having a civil discussion with me.

WHY can a woman become pregnant and another human is growing inside her?
Where did that supposed mass that preceded the earth come from? What is ITS origin?
How could that mass of whatever breakaway and then this globe of rock there became water...then something crawled out of the water...then over ,million of years we have the human body with 78 amazing organs. Then we eventually have women who can get pregnant? Who or what is the great scientist who made all this possible?
WHY is everything but God something some people want to grasp on to?
I'm willing to entertain that proposition. But before I grasp onto God as the most likely explanation, I'd like to ask:

Why is God the only plausible (or even most likely?) explanation?
Where did God come from? What is HIS origin?
How did he manifest the creation(s) of our world/galaxy/universe? And is he still doing it, or was it a "once & done" type of thing?
Who or What created "the creator"? Was it a "big bang" of some sort, or are we to assume that God has always existed, despite never having been created?

Not trying to be a smart aleck here....asking sincere questions. I believe folks see the solution they WANT to see. As you can see(?) from my questions, both perspectives have valid questions about underlying theories. JMO...

I don't want to debate religion either, as I believe it's a personal thing between an individual and their higher power. I can respect that. But my observation is that you question why others don't accept; but I wonder why you accept without question. You don't have to answer that....it's meant to be rhetorical. Alternative perspective....nothing more...

Last edited:
Giant millipedes as long as a car and weighing 50kg once hunted across northern England, experts have revealed, following the discovery of a 326m-year-old fossil.

The largest fossil of a giant millipede was found by a “fluke” on a Northumberland beach at Howick, after a section of cliff fell on to the shore.

In order to get so big, the creature, known as Arthropleura, must have found a nutrient-rich plant diet and may even have been a predator, feasting on other invertebrates or small amphibians…….

Giant millipedes as long as a car and weighing 50kg once hunted across northern England, experts have revealed, following the discovery of a 326m-year-old fossil.

The largest fossil of a giant millipede was found by a “fluke” on a Northumberland beach at Howick, after a section of cliff fell on to the shore.

In order to get so big, the creature, known as Arthropleura, must have found a nutrient-rich plant diet and may even have been a predator, feasting on other invertebrates or small amphibians…….

Hell, I don't like the ones around now, no way do want to see one the size of sedan! I think one of the reasons it got so big is because of the concentration of oxygen at that period. It's why we had dragonflys the size of your head.

What we need is to tell A.I. to solve the climate crisis. Skynet will begin the slaughter almost immediately.

If we don't allow it to build its own maintenance/repair robots, an AI will depend on a certain high level of human civilization. To that end, it'd probably start tanking the 100 corporations most responsible for climate change.

What we need is to tell A.I. to solve the climate crisis. Skynet will begin the slaughter almost immediately.
What's to say it hasn't? Theoretically, if an unintentional AI evolved it wouldn't announce to humans it had infected every technology, they thought they had control over. It wouldn't announce itself until it had supremacy or more likely at all. It's in control now. We are already doomed and don't even know it.

Or, maybe there's a race so advanced that Earth is literally a petri dish where they run tests and the AI is not even human made. What we think of as God is a being who designed us as a lab experiment for his bioscience class. I gotta say, it doesn't seem like an A is happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom