Score Card and Flex? (1 Viewer)

Destroyer IV

Reaction score
Stephen,

Can you please post the latest and final scoring system for the 2009 Big League and also, annouce the flex position ruling? It takes me many weeks, days, minutes, and seconds to determine my draft order and it would be cool to know the scoring system. :ezbill:

Thanks!

Jerry
Destroyer VII

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
OK it looks like the flex position and the tight end scoring change are going to pass. I havent heard any real objection to this. Actually, I havent heard much of anything. So, barring any last minute changes, this is how it will be:

There will be 16 rounds. You can pick as many of a certain position as you want. For example, you can have 1 QB or 5. I dont care. As long as you have the correct starting lineup.

You will start:

1 - QB
2 - RB
2 - WR
1 - FLEX (has to be a RB or a WR)
1 - TE
1 - K
1 - defense/special teams

That is a total of 9 starters. You will have 7 reserves, which can be from any position.

Last year we allowed two pickups per week. This year I may allow it to be three. The first one will still be by worst record has first choice. The next one or two will be whoever gets their first.

SCORING:

TD pass = 4 points
TD run = 6 pts
TD catch = 6 pts
2 pt conversion by pass = 1 pt
2 pt conversion by run = 2 pts
2 pt conversion by catch = 2 pts
every 25 yards passing = 1 pt
every 10 yards rushing/receiving (combined) = 1 pt
reception by a tight end = 1 pt (ONLY for a tight end!)
field goal (any distanvce) = 3 pts
extra point = 1 pt
touchdown from your defense/special teams = 6 pts
shutout by your defense = 10 pts
sack, interception, or fumble recovery by your defense = 1 pt

I think thats about it. No negative points for anything. If I forgot anything please let me know.

Stephen
Eagles XVIII

wolfpac19

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I am for the changes, but i would like to increase the points for TD pass to 5-6 points any suggestions

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
We arleady increased it by one point last year. We increased it from 3 points to 4,

wolfpac19

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
1 more point wont hurt, I'd like to bring the Qb total up in all seriousness, if a WR, RB, or TE catches or runs into the endzone its 6, why not the person who throws the ball, i mean thats not as easy as it looks. Lets take that into consideration.

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
WE went through this before. A top running back may have 20 touchdowns in a year. A top receiver may have 10 touchdowns in a year. A top tight end may have 8. A top quarterback? Tom Brady had like 50 two years ago! And you want to give him the same amount of points? Seriously?!

OP
OP
Destroyer IV

Destroyer IV

Reaction score
Gee, I ask one simple question and I spark another heated debate! ARG! :covri:

Anyway, a QB gets us 20 to 25 points as is, I see no reason to increase that position. Maybe the Kicker position?

Jerry

OP
OP
Destroyer IV

Destroyer IV

Reaction score
Darn! I thought I could slip that one in. Oh well, I guess I will just have to have fun this year! :ezbill:

Jerry

Eagles Fan

Reaction score
Well Jerry, I consented. Chris brought up this point as well. Feild goals from up to 49 yards are still worth 3 points. Any field goal from 50 yards are longer will be worth 4 points. This has gone into effect.

Stephen

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom