Scott Fujita Chews out unloyal fans! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dninc

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
-and i agree with him

(<b>EDIT</B>) Video to this attached http://www.nola.com/abc26/video/?/abc26/video/content.ssf/1029cyndi10

October 29, 2006

NEW ORLEANS &#8212; It is a big test for loyal Saints fans-- the first loss at home this season. <b>One Saints player says it wasn't just the team that didn't come through -- fans didn't either.</b>

During the fourth quarter of the Saints game against the Baltimore Ravens, nearly the three quarters of the stadium cleared out before the game was even over, sparking comments from Saints Linebacker Scott Fujita questioning fan loyalty.

<b>"During the fourth quarter, I felt like we got a little momentum and you look around and the stadium is three quarters cleared out. We depend on the fans and just stick around. that's all I have to say," days Fujita.</b>

Most fans say when it comes to the Saints, you've got to have one philosophy: take it with the good and the bad.

Many consider the Cinderella team of the NFL and a storm-ravaged city trying to make a huge comeback are a match made in heaven, but today that union hit a rough patch with the team's first home game loss of the season.

New Orleans native Jeffrey Cavignac says, " You've got to take it with the good and the bad right? We're not transplants. We're born here and this is one of the best teams in the league right now."

Saints fans who care, invested, and who bleed gold and black, say the first home game loss deeply hurts.

Two weeks ago, first time coach Sean Payton gave props to "magnificant" fans for putting the Saints on a winning streak.

Today, he's owning up to the loss.

"I've got to do a better job, certainly preparing this team coming off the bye week. We've got to evaluate what we did because certainly it wasn't real good," says Payton.

<b>But one of his employees is taking a stab at fans. Linebacker Scott Fujita says the fan base failed to bring the well famous 12th man to the dome Sunday.

"One of things that has been unique and rare , the players and fans have been in this together. That's not just lip service, I mean that. Granted, we got our butts kicked today. But, don't leave early. Stick around for us, Marques Colston made a great catch at the end of the game. Drew tied to get something going. I really like feel like, and all our players do, we are in this with the fan base. Stick around for us," says Fujita.</b>

Last edited:
now, its hard to blame some people for leaving down by 28 in the 4th quarter... where all you have done is shoot yourself in the foot over and over...

that being said, i wouldn't of left had i the opportunity. nope.

I wouldn't leave anything i've payed good money for, besides the money i love my team and stay at games all the way through, On sundays i have nothing else better to do anyway so why leave a seat i paid over 150 bucks for?

Great comments from Fujita-- and done without being overly negative.

I kinda have to disagree with Fujita on this one. I personally would have stayed the whole game but most people won't when you're down by more than 21 points in the fourth quarter. The team has to understand that they have to do their part to keep the fans in the game. It sounded like it was as loud as its been all year at the beginning of the game.

I disagree....It seems like every time they lose they question the fans.. this really aggrevates me because although we were down by three touchdowns or more the fans were making noise on defense and for any little good thing on offense. I think they need to question how they came out because these fans came out rocking. The dome was loud and the fans were in the game even when doing terrible. Fans were basically waiting for something to cheer for.

I left with 5 minutes left in the fourth and didnt look back. Bottom line is if this was an away game they wouldnt have anyone to blame but themselves and thats how it should be. As far as the crowd goes...I say keep it up great effort considering what was going on in the game. Even the ravens commented how loud the crowd was!!!

On another note..they had a lot of ravens fans in my section and at one point they got the defense chant going so loud I saw the saints offensive players looking in the crowd to see who was saying it.That was a contributing factor to me leaving early...

Last edited:
That link above is the same as the 1st one. I COMPLETELY agree with #55. I couldn't believe my eyes. I am sure a lot of people in there bought tickets to see reggie Bush this year, but that was rediculous. I don't care how much you are down by. They were down by 28 and lost by 13? Where is your heart? If these people want a winner, they are going to have to realize it is going to come with some loses too.

I will explain something 1st. In order for the stadium to be 3/4 empty in the 4th quarter, that means a LOT of people have to leave in the 3rd. The 3rd? Are you kidding me? Who in the world leaves a game in the 3rd quarter? Do you think THAT gets the team pumped up? It looked like a bunch of sell outs to me. Bandwagoneers squared. To all the people in the 200 and 300's that left so early, please either leave earlier next time or don't come at all so I can take your seat as you tick your tail between your legs on the way out.

I even said in the 3rd quarter, "there go all the bandwagoneers" The team is 5-2. Are you kidding me? Seriously, I should MAKE everyone that left early today watch the Radiers game against the Steelers. One, because watching the Radiers would be punishment enough, but two becuase that stadium was packed at the end of the game. Yeah, they won today, but it would have been just as easy for a team who is now the example of futility to blow the game against the superbowl champions. I do not like the Radiers, never have and never will. But if the poeple that jumped ship today want to know what Scott Fujita was talking about and seem to be confused, they can watch that as an exmaple.

I will be there until 00:00 for every game. Period.

For one just watching the raiders game is punishment enough.
For two when the saints win a game like the raiders did today the fans stay until the game is over and the teams are shaking hands...Agree or disagree with Fujita there is no need to call out the fans that put there paychecks down to see them play. This happens way too often.(often when they loose)

Cant wait till next home game to forget about this game.

The man was asking for a lil support from the fans, not blood or your first born, He was probably right, the team was starting to finally do something and you look around and there's no one there to perform this magic for, that kinda eats at players "especially young rookie players" Vets are Keen to this and just learn to Soak it in by not paying attention to the crowd, Fujita Most likely is one of those guys that feed off the Energy of Fans and wanted that for the rest of his team So you can't diss the man for showing some heart.

Im actually fairly surprised he said anything at all, that shows me that he's in love with this town as much as we are with him.

Oh well it happened and you can't take it back, saints know next time they have to perform better to keep butts in seats even if they have to just keep it close just to keep Fans in the game with them.

He didn't call out the fans (I did), he just wished they would stay the whole game. If there IS a version that is unedited like is mentioned above, I might change my mind. BUT this is a guy from out of town that doesn't understand the jump ship mentality. I have lived in LA for 13 years now, but I am from Michigan and I don't understand it either. I completely understand the past complaints because the people were booing the home team.

The FACT of the matter is, HOME field advantage is negated when the fans are gone. A LOT had been made about the 12th made in the Dome this year, and to say that they don't influence the game is to say you have your head stuck in the ground.

Well, I have mixed feelings. Yeah, it looks bad for players to look up there and see people leaving. But did you see the Carolina game? Their team was at least still in it and all of a sudden the stands were virtually empty in the 4th Q which means that a lot of people left while the outcome of the game was still very much in question. How about just a little more of looking at yourselves and how bad you played and feeling bad that you gave us a bad game. I mean, it does go both ways, does it not? I'm sure a lot of Saints fans felt our boys NEVER EVEN BOTHERED TO SHOW UP.

Like all of you Im a die hard fan. As a die hard i always believe the saints are going to superbowl but my pride can only take so much. Like I said above I left with 5 left in 4th. SO many ravens fans in my section and getting beat badly and listening to them talk about how great there team is sucked all the enjoyment out of the air.

Well, I have mixed feelings. Yeah, it looks bad for players to look up there and see people leaving. But did you see the Carolina game? Their team was at least still in it and all of a sudden the stands were virtually empty in the 4th Q which means that a lot of people left while the outcome of the game was still very much in question. How about just a little more of looking at yourselves and how bad you played and feeling bad that you gave us a bad game. I mean, it does go both ways, does it not? I'm sure a lot of Saints fans felt our boys NEVER EVEN BOTHERED TO SHOW UP.

The only response I would have to that is that I don't think 55 was blaming the fans for the loss, he was just talking about one aspect of the game today. I am sure there were a LOT of other things he said, but that was probaly the only thing that station decided to make news about. I mean, I doubt he was over in the locker room trying to get their attention to moan about the fans, they probaly asked him the question and he responded. Maybe not exactly that way, but there are 50+ players in there tlaking about different things, and this is the only one that makes news.

Last edited:
I agree with MADMARSHA 100%

And maybe it was overblown or they used it to make news. I just think the fans have been really tough and loud in the dome. The games have been a great atmoshphere and I think it is because these fans are very emotional. So the good comes with the bad. Emotional fans might not be able to take a beating like today(EGO). Overall these fans this season are top in the league

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom