Scott Fujita Chews out unloyal fans! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall I would agree with you that we have some great fans and that the Dome HAS been a nice advantage to have. I was just mad today because so many left. Not so mad as I would chew anyone out, but since it was on here I figured I'd make the point. It just better not be the begining of a pattern with the people in the stands.

Well, that's a good point, Saintsfan27, and I'm not planning on thinking about it anymore either unless for some reason it becomes a huge issue from some other players during the week. I kinda don't think it will judging from Coach Payton's comments. Whether Fujita was blaming or not, he has a point and I got no problem with that. I love the guy and the whole team is probably taking it harder than we are. I sure hope so so they murderize Tampa Bay!!

I stayed until 00:00, and have no voice to prove it.

But bottom line, if Fujita wants people to stay, don't suck.

This game was decided before halftime imo. Looking up in the stands during the 4th quarter, while down by 3 tds, what do you expect? A full house of rowdy fans? Get real.

Well I can tell you that I was getting ill watching that team today & turned my tv off halfway into the 4th quarter & definetly cannot blame anyone for leaving the game early either. I even made the comment to my girlfriend & brother that the crowd definetly showed up to play today, just too bad the team didn't. I mean You could hear the fans clear as crystal going nuts for the most of the game & feel the anticipation of them waiting for ANYFREAKINTHING to cheer about. It was a pathetic display of the game of football in all aspects today (with the exception of colston of course) that was conjuring up 30 years (my time as a saints fan) worth old demons of years gone by. With that being said, I love this team with all of my heart & will continue to bleed black & gold untill I take my last breath & while i can certainly appreciate Mr. Fujita's position on the matter... it was like watching a 3 1/2 hr train wreck where all of your loved ones are just being mangled over & over. You can only take so much.... I'm glad that game is out of our system, lets destroy the tapes & erase the memories of this weekend & get prepared for Tampa! GEAUX SAINTS BABY!!

I left early and I am a die hard but my babysitters price is more than a 35-7 game. I love those guys but at some point it does come down to money for me.

I rarely do so, but I left in the third quarter and have no problems admitting it. I like Fujita, so I am trying to ignore the fact that instead of questioning us, maybe he should be questioning why his defense couldn't get off of the field in the first half, but that's beside the point.

I paid for my tickets, and if I decide to leave towards the end of the third quarter trailing 35-7 and looking like a team that a Pee-Wee league would be embarassed to field, I think I have paid for that right.

I guess when the Saints lose it's the fans fault, who knows.

I kinda have to disagree with Fujita on this one. I personally would have stayed the whole game but most people won't when you're down by more than 21 points in the fourth quarter. The team has to understand that they have to do their part to keep the fans in the game. It sounded like it was as loud as its been all year at the beginning of the game.

You might as well say, "We'll be fans as long as you win." which has been the difference between Saints fans and everyone else for decades...

Fujita said it perfectly. To blame the fans for the loss (which he didn't do) would be untrue and a mistake, but to deny that they have any type of impact on the game would also be false. He has every right to call out he people who left early.

Last edited:
MLU wrote:He has every right to call out he people who left early.

no he does not. we buy the tickets that pays for his salary. It is OUR right to call out who we wish and not the other way around.
I am litteraly dumbfounded that he would bring up his dissapointment in the fans and not his dissapointment in his defense to stop the ravens from catching every single pass thrown to them.

I would stay until the end of the game, that's just me. Now, as far as what he said, I don't agree. That game was over in the first quarter. Hell, any other teams fans probably would have left in the third, with the way the Saints were playing. And I didn't hear much booing, so maybe he should chill on calling out the fans.

I also find it funny that ANYONE on the defense would call anything out, with as horrible as that unit played. And since he's calling out the fans, maybe he should have spent more time calling out defensive players, including himself, because there was not much in the way of stopping McNair or anyone on that Ravens offensive unit.

My final though. He should worry about HIS play and the defensive units play and let us fans worry about being fans. When he pays for our tickets, THEN he can tell us when we can leave.

A little harsh, yes, but it ticks me off that he's more worried about the fans leaving then he is getting his *** handed to him by one of the worst offenses in the league.

it is a 60 minute game - these guys played hard for 60 minutes - bad but hard - the fans should hang in - There was a spark towards the middle of the 4th and the additional support could have made a difference

We are a team aren't we

and while we are at this -
Where in the hell was Turf?

I agree with him. I know this was a hard game to watch, the looked like the Saints of old. But I know I had that Chicago Monday night game, from 2 weeks ago, on my mind.

Well, I left, and I make no apologies about it. With a 2 1/2 hour drive home and down 4 TD's against a very good defense, it wasn't going to happen. I was content to listen to the remainder of the game on the radio. I assumed that they were going to put up some garbage yardage and a couple of TD's and I was right. We did our jobs - we were as loud as we could be. I'll be back in my seat for the next game, paying my hard-earned money.

Fujita has no right to question our loyalty. Being that this is his first year, he has no idea what loyalty truly is.

If the team had shown up in the beginning of the game, there would have been fans left in the stands at the end of the game. Period.

To say anything but "Thank you" to a crowd that screamed and yelled its collective head off until the middle of the fourth quarter during THAT performance is the epitome of ungrateful.

If you want people to stay until the end, PLAY BETTER.

I stayed until 00:00, and have no voice to prove it.

But bottom line, if Fujita wants people to stay, don't suck.

This game was decided before halftime imo. Looking up in the stands during the 4th quarter, while down by 3 tds, what do you expect? A full house of rowdy fans? Get real.

ABSO"FREAKING"LUTELY!!! KIeep your seat and keep cheering THIS team on! This isn't brooks and Dumb playing and calling plays, this is a Division Leading TEAM! What the hey? In my betting years I've seen comebacks and turnarounds to wrench your stomach, heart and wallet out!!!!!!!!

In footballl ANYTHING can happen at anytime! So we lost by 13! That's those two tipped Int's! It could have gone another way at any time.

Anyway, your watching our TEAM why NOT wait until the final gun and applaud them whatever the outcome? Of course it hurts to lose and lose so badly through mistakes and miscues and such but where else you gonna go to have that kind of experience inthe new DOME and all??????? Hey, I'm in the Jungle and would have given up another hernia (that's why I'm coming home early for surgery!) to have been in that DOME! I was sitting in a steaming , buggy , snakey, fire ant jungle looking at my watch wondering if Michael Lewis was playing, DEUCE getting his 5K yds. Joe passing Eric Martin.......on and on! The people here think I've got some kind of mental disorder with my passion for our home and our TEAM!

If you can't understand that kind of devotion, you probably don't really deserve to be in the stands anyway becausse you're missing a tremendous emotional and spiritual experience!!!!!!

I love my SAINTS, THESE SAINTS , win lose or draw!!!!!!!!!!

I beleive this TEAM can pull off the kind of game Payton Manning pulled off against Denver and I haven't felt like that in 5 years! MY BEHIND would stick in that DOME until the field clears! Besides, it just is cool to be int he DOME when it empties out anyway IMHO! Maybe I AM nuts and the ones who left are right but I'll never change or understand how you can leave a HOME GAME early in our DOME!!!!!!!!!

"Nuff Ranting and SAID!

!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message has been approved by Dr. Daddyeaux! A Mother Loving Son of the Chalmation Nation! And Darned PROUD of it!

After playing a horrible game, to even mention the fans in a negative way is wrong. The team didn't show up, so why is it bad for the fans to leave early? The fans leaving early had absolutely nothing to do with the outcome of the game. Have your coach throw you a few extra balls this week Mr. Fujita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom