Scott Fujita Chews out unloyal fans! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MLU wrote:He has every right to call out he people who left early.

no he does not. we buy the tickets that pays for his salary. It is OUR right to call out who we wish and not the other way around.
I am litteraly dumbfounded that he would bring up his dissapointment in the fans and not his dissapointment in his defense to stop the ravens from catching every single pass thrown to them.

I guess we just have different ideas of what a fan is...

When I make it to a game, win or loose, usually there until dome security says it is time to leave. Never can understand why those that leave do not stay until the final act, entertainment is entertainment, be it Broadway or NFL.

Well, I left, and I make no apologies about it. With a 2 1/2 hour drive home and down 4 TD's against a very good defense, it wasn't going to happen. I was content to listen to the remainder of the game on the radio. I assumed that they were going to put up some garbage yardage and a couple of TD's and I was right. We did our jobs - we were as loud as we could be. I'll be back in my seat for the next game, paying my hard-earned money.

Fujita has no right to question our loyalty. Being that this is his first year, he has no idea what loyalty truly is.

Cha-Ching, I regard your remarks when you offer them up and I consider yours now. I would ask youto re-read the Fujita quote because I'm so certain he's ?'ing the loyalty but asking for folks to stick it out to the end because the TEAM has come to rely on that emotion they've been given so far. It proves in a way just how important the crowd is to the TEAM
and that aren't going to give up and neither should the fans until the gun sounds!

I beleive and we've witnessed this TEAM play hard and well and they admittedly hit a sour note Sunday BUT they fought until the end! IMHO, as a fan, we "should" too but with traffic, long drives and what-not I guess being down 4TD's was pretty discouraging but leaving sure didn't help the cause the TEAM was making an effort to champion until the end.

I like that Fujita is taking the blame by the team yet asking the fans to stick with the TEAM until the end. Let's us know THEY know and FEEL the energy!

JMHO, and just think how it might have felt to have a few fumbles or Int's in that 4th to turn the tide back to the SAINTS and to have MISSED it!!!!!

Anyway,, always enjoy your thoughts and I guess on this one we just don't see it the same way.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot disagree with any of the posts in this thread. While I personally feel staying is the right thing to do -- and IMO it was because I liked what I saw in the 4th quarter. We did not give up -- we fought to the end. But that is me -- and everyone has their own opinions -- which I can understand

ABSO"FREAKING"LUTELY!!! KIeep your seat and keep cheering THIS team on! This isn't brooks and Dumb playing and calling plays, this is a Division Leading TEAM! What the hey? In my betting years I've seen comebacks and turnarounds to wrench your stomach, heart and wallet out!!!!!!!!

In footballl ANYTHING can happen at anytime! So we lost by 13! That's those two tipped Int's! It could have gone another way at any time.

Anyway, your watching our TEAM why NOT wait until the final gun and applaud them whatever the outcome? Of course it hurts to lose and lose so badly through mistakes and miscues and such but where else you gonna go to have that kind of experience inthe new DOME and all??????? Hey, I'm in the Jungle and would have given up another hernia (that's why I'm coming home early for surgery!) to have been in that DOME! I was sitting in a steaming , buggy , snakey, fire ant jungle looking at my watch wondering if Michael Lewis was playing, DEUCE getting his 5K yds. Joe passing Eric Martin.......on and on! The people here think I've got some kind of mental disorder with my passion for our home and our TEAM!

If you can't understand that kind of devotion, you probably don't really deserve to be in the stands anyway becausse you're missing a tremendous emotional and spiritual experience!!!!!!

I love my SAINTS, THESE SAINTS , win lose or draw!!!!!!!!!!

I beleive this TEAM can pull off the kind of game Payton Manning pulled off against Denver and I haven't felt like that in 5 years! MY BEHIND would stick in that DOME until the field clears! Besides, it just is cool to be int he DOME when it empties out anyway IMHO! Maybe I AM nuts and the ones who left are right but I'll never change or understand how you can leave a HOME GAME early in our DOME!!!!!!!!!

"Nuff Ranting and SAID!

!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This message has been approved by Dr. Daddyeaux! A Mother Loving Son of the Chalmation Nation! And Darned PROUD of it!

I for one am a Saints fan that would leave in the third or fourth quarter and I am not ashamed to admit it. The way I see things is, I paid to see a football game. I didn't pay to watch the opposing team score at will. If they wants the fans to show up and stay then the team needs to show up starting with the first quarter. I for one, like most saints fans, are tired of seeing our team disappoint. The history of the Saints has been to choke when they can't afford to. I am tired of seeing them play like a pee-wee team. These players are paid big money and they can't even play the game like it is supposed to be played. It didn't look to me that the saints played with any heart Sunday. Fujita needs to look around to his fellow players if he wants to point fingers. THEY are the ones that didn't show up and THEY are the ones that looked like they were ready to just get the game over with. I am a diehard Saints fan but come on.... who wants to see the team get humiliated. Not me.....

I am one of the ones that left early so I will have to say I disagree. I went home and sat on the couch and watched all 4 late games. Bottom line is I wanted to watch better football. Mission accomplished.

I think when your team is down by 28 in the 3rd or 21 in the 4th and has played horribly, and you've exhausted yourself emotionally and your voice is raw, then you, can leave. We cheered them as they left the field at half time after one of the worst halfs ever, and they come out in the 3rd quarter and lay yet another egg....maybe the players don't understand that some of us have been watching these games for over 30 yers, and it's hard when you just have to sit there and take it,,,I completely disagree with him..

They had opportunity after opportunity to at least have a hope of getting back into the game, and couldn't make it play. I stayed until it was obvious we weren't going to pull out a miracle, which was in fourth qtr after tip interception....

Fujita needs to worry about the defensive calls. They blew plenty of them.... to believe any teams fans are you going to stick around with this type of game is ignorant.

Also, while the Saints were scoring a few nothing TDs the Ravens defensive starters were on the sideline doing line dances... no joke... line dances!

Needs to not worry about the fans but instead worry about how poorly the defense played against a very bad offense.

Fujita needs to just shut his mouth and play football. If he wants to go into would have could have shoud have stuff I'm sure the fans can come up with a list longer than the lines exiting the Superdome in the 3rd quarter. I can say without a doubt that I would have been gone because I drive a long way to come see them play football and when they don't play football then I wasted a trip and am ready to get back home.

You know what Scott, if you want the fans to stay then try holding the 26th ranked offense under 35 points or maybe make a few plays to keep the fans in the game (no pun intended).

I was afraid the crowd would be a let down Sunday since they were playing an AFC team, coming off a bye and playing a game that had defensive battle written all over it. I was very, very happy to see that the crowd showed up. Too bad the Saints couldn't do the same. Hell, in the first 5 plays the Ravens had a false start, took a time out and Will Smith forced a fumble after pushing a TE 4 yards back on the snap in which half their line didn't appear ready for.

After a game like this, fans need to drink. No alcohol in the 4th quarter drove fans to leave. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I stayed but the little lady sure didn't want to...... I have to say though that will some of this new found success that this will be common. Alot of these ppl at the games or NOT true fans as many of us may be. I'm always asked why do I watch a team thats SO BAD. I say because their MY TEAM! This team will have ups and downs but everything should be kept in perspective, they should be or better yet, they were never expected to be 5-2 at this point. So what ever happens just enjoy having YOU'RE team home again and hope for the best next time.

We can buy rights?

Recipe for mountain:
  • 1 mole
  • 1 hill
  • 1 NFL player that just went through a game where everything seem to go against him that gives an interview.

He didn't even call out the fans- he just said don't leave.
It's more of a "great, now what?" comment than anything else.
Garbage points? Maybe- but where are the other garbage points from the other games?
The man does have a right to voice his opinion, to you, me, Bill Nye, Tom Benson, Woody Harrelson, and even Barbara Bush if he chooses.
I'm amazed that some here think that because they bought some tickets, it magically gives them rights (which they already had) when in reality it's a PRIVLAGE to watch a game. Rights are not bought and sold in this country. To take that a step farther and claim Fujita has no right to say anything, on the basis of a bought ticket, is something I can't understand.
No, I don't agree with what Fujita said, but it's understandable.
No one should feel guilty for leaving a game early either- but do not justify it with the equation ticket = right.
Unless it's true- then if, for some reason, I find myself at a game with no ticket, I cannot leave because I don't have the right ... ;)
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom