Scott Pioli's top 10 underclassman (1 Viewer)

whodatdb

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Thought you guys may be interested in a former GM's top 10 underclassman. At one point Pioli was considered a top 10 maybe even top 5 GM.

Say what you want about Pioli's tenure with the Chiefs, but it's interesting to get the perspective of a former GM who spent a lot of time scouting players for this year's draft. He admitted that scouting is nowhere near complete on underclassmen at this point in the offseason, but this is what his top 10 looks like:

1. OT Luke Joeckel (Texas A&M)
  2. CB Dee Milliner (Alabama)
  3. DT Sharrif Floyd (Florida)
  4. DE Bjoern Werner (Florida State)
  5. DT Jonathan Hankins (Ohio State)
  6. RB Eddie Lacy (Alabama)
  7. OLB Jarvis Jones (Georgia)
  8. WR Keenan Allen (Cal)
  9. MLB Alec Ogletree (Georgia)
  10. TE Gavin Escobar (San Diego State)
http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2013/1/28/3925236/2013-nfl-mock-draft-scott-pioli

I find it surprising that he had Gavin is in there. Also surprising that he has Floyd over Werner. Maybe if alot of GMs ranks are similar to this than Werner could fall to us? He also has Jarvis Jones pretty low on their IMO. DaMontre Moore is also not in the top 10 for some reason and this is not the first time I have seem him fall.

I think Lacy is going to be a Packer, they can get him on the tail end of the first, just before the Failclowns could get him.

Sharrif Floyd seems to be a really popular prospect in inside circles.

I think Lacy is going to be a Packer, they can get him on the tail end of the first, just before the Failclowns could get him.

We can only hope. Lacy will be solid in the NFL. Him going to the Failclowns would hurt.

And I think Escobar is going to be that Tony Gonzalez type. While Eifert and others might be higher rated (like David LaFleur was at the time of Tony G) Escobar just has "it".

No wonder he lost his job.

This

Having Lacy in the top 10 (RB's are a dime a dozen sans the AP/Trent Richardson) in this class is absurd. He is a good player, but not top 10.

#armchairgm

I assume this is just on pure talent, in which case position doesn't matter. If he views Lacy as the 6th best TALENT then the fact that he's a RB is irrelevant. Now if this were how his draft board looked, yes, it'd be awful but in terms of talent evaluation I have no issue with a RB being up there despite the fact that we all know Lacy WON'T be the 6th underclassman taken cos his position has been devalued.

In fact you could see at least 3 QBs go before Lacy. Does that mean they are more talented (at their position) than Lacy? No chance. But it's still interesting to see a former GMs opinion, solely based on talent.

This

Having Lacy in the top 10 (RB's are a dime a dozen sans the AP/Trent Richardson) in this class is absurd. He is a good player, but not top 10.

#armchairgm

This isnt a mock draft. Its a rank of top 10 players. Just because an RB is there doesnt mean he is a top 10 pick. Many felt Richardson was the best player in the draft but woulnt take him 1 overall.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

That's why the Chiefs suck.

lol, the Cheifs are a talented roster, you cant deny that. Poor coaching and poor depth, and no QB is their issue.

Love how people read a few online scouting reports and couple youtubes and think they are future GM's. These guys spend months assessing these players skills. Sometimes they are wrong, sometimes they are right, sometimes the players get poorly coached, injured, etc. No way of knowing. I like getting info like this.

You, of all people, are going to say this?

Yes, I do the same thing. But if a GM or anyone who has spent years in the league doing this as a job shows me how they rate a certain player, all I can do is accept it. They know 1000x more than me.

Obviously the mock draft stuff is all fun, I mostly do it so I can get to know the prospects. But at the end of the day, it's all guessing for us.

Pioli failed to mention how 1 min before turning in the draft card he would pabic and throw away the draft board and elect to pull a name out of a hat based on needs.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom