Scott Weiland from STP Dead (1 Viewer)

JanesUnchained

Very Banned
Reaction score
Found dead on tour bus. Was to play at HOB in NOLA on the 13th. Used to like STP alot. Velvet Revolver not so much. Dude had a voice

Scott Weiland, the former frontman for rock bands Stone Temple Pilots and Velvet Revolver, had died, according to reports.

Dave Navarro, guitarist and member of Jane's Addiction, tweeted at 9:01 p.m. PST "our friend Scott Weiland has died."

Scott Weiland, Former Singer of Stone Temple Pilots, Dead at 48: Report | Billboard

Damn! was looking forward to seeing him for the 1st time in his solo career. :jpshakehead:

Weiland and Layne Staley both were amazing talents that let their addictions kill them.

Truly sad.

I feel that Laynes addiction was the source of alot of his talent. Weiland was much different, ashamed of his addiction, constantly denying that he was using, as where Layne almost embraced it.

I feel that Laynes addiction was the source of alot of his talent. Weiland was much different, ashamed of his addiction, constantly denying that he was using, as where Layne almost embraced it.

I'm not sure of all that. Maybe Scott had similar inspirations, anything can become ones muse. I think that he did embraced it, but that is his own personal business.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9ZXeC7I_-dI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I read something about him the other day in an article highlighting points in his life, where they talked about comparing his voice to Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder. I remember thinking that about STP when I first heard them, and I initially thought they were a rip off band. Little did I know what amazing music they would create. Scott said that he was afraid that he would be compared to The Doors' Jim Morrison, who he cited as a major influence. I never knew that, but I have alway loved The Doors too, so maybe that's why I warmed up to STP so much.

I realize in hindsight it may have seemed oddly placed. I guess it was the similarities between the two in the context of the recent statement released by Weilands widow. Maybe I shouldn't have posted it. But I did. So I left it.

While you're at it, get one of these
Squatty-Potty-toilet-stool-1.jpg
That actually looks pretty useful.
Great song, but why did you post it?

I realize in hindsight it may have seemed oddly placed. I guess it was the similarities between the two in the context of the recent statement released by Weilands widow. Maybe I shouldn't have posted it. But I did. So I left it.

That actually looks pretty useful.

The squatty potty is awesome. I've had one for years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom