Scottsdale (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I’ll be in Scottsdale Arizona next week for a work conference

Any suggestions for restaurants or things to do?

Thanks

Proof at the Four Seasons is a pretty good restaurant.

If you golf, Troon North is spectacular.

Assuming you'll be near Old Town? It's a nice area with plenty to eat and drink. Maple and Ash does a great job with steaks. Second Story Bar has good views. The entire area is very walkable and lost of the restaurants are good. It has probably the best nightlife in the state, but be prepared for spending money. Just hop around until you find a place you like.

Are you renting a car? Arcade bars seemed to be popping up all over Phoenix before I left. They weren't really my thing, but they did look pretty cool. If you're in decent shape, hiking Camelback Mountain would be worth the effort. If you have a car and tell me what you like I could point you towards some other things.

Last edited:
Andreoli's Italian Grocer for sandwiches, panninis. Lo-Lo's Chicken & Waffles and In-and-Out for the fast food. Zuzu for the midcentury ambiance. Breakfast Club for the french toast. Cartel Coffee for the coffee (and a beer). Diego Pops for the streetcorn with spicy Cheeto dust. Postino's is good for the wine crowd.

I have heard good things about Citizen Public House and Hash Kitchen. My wife liked going to Culinary Dropout with work friends. The Sugar Bowl is iconic Scottsdale, but I admit I have never been. Lots of legit local places there to eat and most of them are pretty good. If something else pops up in my brain, I'll post it but a lot of the Old Town area is hazy. Lol

Assuming you'll be near Old Town? It's a nice area with plenty to eat and drink. Maple and Ash does a great job with steaks. Second Story Bar has good views. The entire area is very walkable and lost of the restaurants are good. It has probably the best nightlife in the state, but be prepared for spending money. Just hop around until you find a place you like.

Are you renting a car? Arcade bars seemed to be popping up all over Phoenix before I left. They weren't really my thing, but they did look pretty cool. If you're in decent shape, hiking Camelback Mountain would be worth the effort. If you have a car and tell me what you like I could point you towards some other things.

Thanks everyone

No car rental do they have Uber there?

Staying at McCormick Ranch

Thanks everyone

I do believe they have Uber there. Although I went to the Waste Management Golf tournament and used buses. On Bell road towards phoenix is a Green Bay bar too if you feel rambunctous. THey were pretty cool with me being a Seahawk fan. That was from the TPC Scottsdale towards phoenix. Old town is ok too. Went there several years back prior to the game.

this doesn't address the question, but...

i was there in 93 - the company i was in was commissioned to do a Baseball piece bc the SF Giants were opening a training facility there and Scottsdale was also opening a performing arts center
i was ****** bc Will Clark was with SF at the time and he graduated HS a year before me, BUT my half of the company had a matinee performance while the other half got to hang around with the giants and meet Will and Willie McGee and the boys

only solace was getting to watch an intersquad game and seeing Matt Williams hit the longest HR ive ever seen

still mad

Thanks everyone

You're NE of Old Town out there in the high cotton of Paradise Valley, but it's close enough to Old Town and Fashion Square.

Happy's Hamburgers is a good place for burgers that's near McCormick. Jade Bar is a nice place for drinks and sunsets. If you like architecture don't miss the opportunity to tour Talisien West which is nearby.

Both Uber and Lyft are well represented in the Phoenix/Scottsdale/Mesa/Gilbert/Tempe, etc area.

Not sure how old you are, but if you are still around college age then Tempe on Mill and 5th are where the ASU kids hang.

Proof at the Four Seasons is a pretty good restaurant.

If you golf, Troon North is spectacular.
That or Micklesons home course.

Just be prepared... Green fees are quite high.

Don't know if spring training has started, but if so, catch a game. Most ar 6 to 8000 seat stadiums and fun.

Night 1 - went to Los Olivos which I thought was really good

This morning did the breakfast club which was excellent, so good may go there again instead of another breakfast place. The whole hog omelet was incredible

Scottsdale always seemed like an odd choice for the name of a truck trim.

20190126201548_IMG_1336.jpg

Spring Training is going on, so there's plenty of baseball that you could catch

So yesterday the room second hotel put us in the floor was wet and very strong mildew smell

They did put us in another room but my girlfriend has very sensitive allergies and they went haywire

She’s miserable and looks like the rest of the week may be ruined

I’m furious

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom