Scout.com's new Mock draft is out and ... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I would be so :scratch: then :no: if this happened...

It is almost the same as the last one, but I was hoping they had the bengals pass him up.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7941664/First-round-mock-draft:-Long-climbing

<TABLE class=bgBdr cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bgD><TD align=middle>9.</TD><TD align=middle>Bengals</TD><TD align=middle>Glenn Dorsey</TD><TD align=middle>DT</TD><TD align=middle>6-1</TD><TD align=middle>297</TD><TD align=middle>LSU</TD><TD align=middle>Senior</TD></TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD colSpan=9> The Bengals desperately need help on defense, especially at linebacker and defensive tackle. Cincinnati lost Justin Smith during free agency, but they added former Titans DE Antwan Odom. With Glenn Dorsey on the board, this is an easy pick for Cincy.
Previous mock draft selection: Same
VIDEO: Draft preview of Glenn Dorsey </TD></TR><TR class=bgD><TD align=middle>10.</TD><TD align=middle>Saints</TD><TD align=middle>Keith Rivers</TD><TD align=middle>OLB</TD><TD align=middle>6-3</TD><TD align=middle>237</TD><TD align=middle>USC</TD><TD align=middle>Senior</TD></TD></TR><TR class=bgC><TD colSpan=9> The Saints added help in the secondary with the addition of Randall Gay and added a solid linebacker in Jonathan Vilma. There are a few options on the board for New Orleans, but with USC's Keith Rivers available, he adds experience and solid play to the Saints defense.
Previous mock draft selection: Same </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Man, I hope we trade with Baltimore if this happens

No chance Dorsey falls though low. None.

Sure there is.

DTs fall more than any other position in the draft. There are only a few teams with situations Dorsey fits into, and if one or more of those teams feel uncomfortable about his leg it's very possible.

Not saying it'll happen. But it's a lot more likely than you believe.

I still say drop down a few spots to aquire more pics. If Dorsey dont work out at his pro-day or if he does and bombs it, that would be the only way he would fall to us. But if not then I dont want to pick at the #10 spot.

Last edited:
Not saying anything specific about that mock, just for reference. Scout.com's NFL coverage is awful. I'd trust most any random person on the SSF over Scout.com when it comes to the NFL.

we would trade w balt. if that happened.... they dont want dorsey in there divison...

There aren't many that are accurate in their mock drafts. I remember reading one that said that Mel Kiper has gotten worse and worse every year because he has gotten away from talking to the teams about how they WILL pick and gotten more and more into who he thinks they SHOULD pick.

The ones we should read are the ones who actually report team interests in certain players.

Not saying anything specific about that mock, just for reference. Scout.com's NFL coverage is awful. I'd trust most any random person on the SSF over Scout.com when it comes to the NFL.

exactly. them saying Rivers brings experience? how can a guy bring experience when it's his first year. this shows Scout.com is not a good source for NFL info.

Sure there is.

DTs fall more than any other position in the draft.
I would not agree with that. Defensive and offensive lineman seem to "fall" at a much lower rate than WRs, RBs and QBs. Off the top of my head, I would have to think RBs fall at a much higher rate.

well, the injury Dorsey is rumored to have is the same thing that Alan Branch had last year. However, Branch does not have anywhere near the motor and motivation Dorsey has, but Branch was a surefire top 5 pick at the end of the college season and he fell all the way to the second round so maybe there is a chance that Dorsey falls to 10....

The Football Gods will see to it that Dorsey is in the black and gold.

Off the top of my head, I would have to think RBs fall at a much higher rate.

And linebackers. In both cases it has more to do with the feeling that you can get value in later rounds.

When you talk about positions being "risers" or "fallers" you're thinking more in terms of position depth. If it's a position that is usually pretty shallow, teams will reach (CB for instance). A position that's usually deep it "falls" (LB, RB).

I forget, wasn't there talk of Cincy moving to a 3-4? Would Dorsey be the prototype NT in a 3-4?

I knew there was talk of Cincy switching around, I just can't remember the details now...

I forget, wasn't there talk of Cincy moving to a 3-4? Would Dorsey be the prototype NT in a 3-4?

I knew there was talk of Cincy switching around, I just can't remember the details now...

No, he'd play end. Thing is, he's a bit too short to play DE; they're usually looking for someone around 6'5; Dorsey's 6'2.

News - No. 9 on edge? - Cincinnati Bengals

Looks like they are seriously considering a swtich to the 3-4. If that's the case, I can't see them taking Dorsey or Ellis. This article on the Bengals website talks about them taking DE's....Ellis is 6'1" 305 or so, seems small for a NT to me....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom