Rumor Scout rumors of B Cooks to Saints for 4th (1 Viewer)

Yall HAVE to stop posting every Twitter account yall see

The radio station he is on doesn't even follow him. This is likely a troll account.

As long as people are having fun and it's entertaining, who cares if it's true?

Opinions on the guy aside, this would be a Patriots-type move. We drafted him with a 1st, got a good bit out of him, traded him for a 1st, and could possibly have him back for a 4th. How cool would it be if he were to have a career season with us, and we unload him for another semi-high pick? Lol. It's the offseason.

Opinions on the guy aside, this would be a Patriots-type move. We drafted him with a 1st, got a good bit out of him, traded him for a 1st, and could possibly have him back for a 4th. How cool would it be if he were to have a career season with us, and we unload him for another semi-high pick? Lol. It's the offseason.
Oh you are quite correct it would be a "Patriot" move no doubt. To get a first giving him away and get him back for a fourth? Come on man haha. Only question would be his health and ability to stay on the field which I am sure as stated above Loomis would address in his contract. But yeah he would be light years ahead of our number two who currently is worth number two haha. But again we are talking complete hypotheticals based on wild rumors but it's the offseason and coronavirus so let us have fun

fake news or not. Let the Rams sink in there salary cap woes

I like when people call Brandin Cooks, “Cook”, and Jared Cook, “Cooks”.

What’s even more fun is the use of an “s” for the possessive pronouns for each.

If he's matured about the issue of touches i'd be ok with it. The 4th round pick would be as far as i would go though with his concussion history though.
I would think he has.

Woods and Kupp were both ahead of him on the Rams. At least that's the way Goff saw it. Goff always looked for those guys first before Cooks.

Yeah, I don't like this trade idea at all. I like BC and he was an awesome part of this team while here; however, he doesn't fight for the ball or is incapable of getting great positioning, he's likely not as speedy as he used to be, he's now more prone to concussions, and his contract just increases in value. Who cares what the Rams need badly--that's their issue to solve. I think in the new NFL market, players like BC will get stuck because their contracts are greater than their practical value on the field. :-/ It's a bummer, but we can get comparable talent in the draft, re-purpose a current player, train someone up as a WR3/4, or go after another big TE with great hands.

This would be a terrific scenario.

On one hand, MT, Sanders, and Cooks would be one of the most stacked WR groups in the league AND in team history.
Combined with AK and Cook, this is exactly the arsenal of weapons we need to give Drew for his last season (or two).
It would literally all be on his arm. If he can get it there, a guy should be there who's open and who can catch the ball.
Going deep to Cooks might even rejuvenate his long ball some since Brandin is not only fast with sure hands... he's also
top of the list when it comes to tracking and adjusting to the ball.

The only downside would be how Mike Thomas handles that many mouths at the table. Kamara, Cooks, and Sanders are used to
getting around 100 targets per season. And Jared Cook is there too. Mike Thomas has been averaging 150 targets per year and had a whopping 185 targets last year. Drew would have to go back to throwing over 600 passes to make that work, which is not out of the
question with that many weapons in the passing game.

150 Thomas
100 Sanders
100 Cooks
100 Kamara
80 Cook
530 targets

Then there's Taysom, TQS, Harris, Murray, Josh Hill, Burton, and whichever other receiving players make the team.
Would everybody have reduced target numbers possibly making our passing game more efficient? Or would Cook
be the odd man out since Drew's arm isn't as accurate with the long ball anymore limiting Brandin's numbers?

1/2 way through the season, will one or more receivers end up pouting on the sideline or blasting on social media?
I would hope not, but it's something we have to consider.

For this reason, I don't think Cooks to New Orleans is very likely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom