SCOUTING REPORT: New Orleans Saints (2-0) at Buffalo Bills (1-1) (1 Viewer)

I think us Saints fans need to pump the brakes a bit.

First off, Buffalo is a very good team. They are going to play us very tough. Also, if it rains it will affect us more. We are the high flying offense, we are missing our best running back, I don't think we want to get into a sloppy slug fest with this team.

Don't be overconfident about their OLine either. They have been solid, and its not like we have been tearing it up with the pass rush. We have THREE SACKS vs. TWO FIRST START QBs. Nothing to be proud of there.

Yes I think we will win this game, and if the Bills don't play as well as they can it might get ugly for them. However, even Drew Brees and the weapons of pass destruction can have an off day.

lets not get overconfident.

I'll try to help.

-Our WRs are better than your DBs.
-Our QB doesn't make a lot of mistakes, esp at home.
-Our run game has looked phenominal, and there's no reason to think the Saints front 7 can slow it down.
-Ralph Wilson Stadium
-Windy/rainy weather

Settle down their chief.

You ran well against a terrible Bucs team. That is it. Jackson only had 53 yards against the pats on like 16 carries.

- reality check; their WRs are better than our DBs it's not a gaping chasm in difference but it's still there (this is TO and Lee Evans guys--not Avant, Curtis, etc.). hell the one halfway decent (DeSean Jackson) and elite (Calvin Johnson) WR we've faced both gave us fits; we're gonna need to put pressure on edwards as he is much better than both quarterbacks we've seen this season--the guy doesn't make mistakes

- look for shockey to have a big game as i think SP will focus a lot of the gameplan on him as the bills are missing the middle of their defense, we've had good success dumping the ball between the hashes to shockey for 7-12 yard chunks and i see us doing this plentifully against buffalo

- the saints have a top 5 run defense in the league right now (i believe we're #5). we shut down westbrook and mccoy and kevin smith as well--however the bills' jackson looks phenomenal so far--so our boys are gonna have their work cut out for them

- having said all of this we will be the biggest challenge that the bills have encountered so far, anyone not working for ESPN know the patriots are on the decline and beating tampa isn't exactly a feather in the cap of anyone right now

i see us winning this game but it'll have to be earned; the bills aren't going to roll over and die, gregg williams is familiar w/ his former team and i think greer will be eager to show what buffalo gave up

35-21 saints

I don't think your defense is better than ours. Of course that's just my opinion.

Fair enough. I don't think either of our defenses has been truly tested but I feel we performed better. More TOs, better run defense, better pass defense before the game was out of hand. And we have the offense to make the game "out of hand" early.

- reality check; their WRs are better than our DBs it's not a gaping chasm in difference but it's still there (this is TO and Lee Evans guys--not Avant, Curtis, etc.). hell the one halfway decent (DeSean Jackson) and elite (Calvin Johnson) WR we've faced both gave us fits; we're gonna need to put pressure on edwards as he is much better than both quarterbacks we've seen this season--the guy doesn't make mistakes

Jackson has speed to burn and had 912 receiving yards last year on 62 catches. He's good. And between him and CJ, they each had 1 big play and basically nothing after that. CJ's big play came against a rookie who won't play unless there's an injury. CJ > Evans and CJ > TO. If Porter can stick with Evans and Harper doesn't bite, our downfield coverage will be fine and it'll be up to Fred Jackson and their backup TEs to hurt us. I think Vilma, Shanle, and Fujita can cover a backup TE and Jackson.

- the saints have a top 5 run defense in the league right now (i believe we're #5). we shut down westbrook and mccoy and kevin smith as well--however the bills' jackson looks phenomenal so far--so our boys are gonna have their work cut out for them

Jackson didn't do well against the Pats and crushed the Bucs. Which team are we more like?

Your QB is going to have to do better than "not mak[ing] a lot of mistakes."

Not really. The last two QBs you guys played both threw 3 INTs. THAT is a lot of mistakes. Edwards will most likely throw 2 or 3 TDs and maybe 1 INT. Add in a TD or 2 on the ground and a couple field goals and this game will definitely be one to watch.

Not really. The last two QBs you guys played both threw 3 INTs. THAT is a lot of mistakes. Edwards will most likely throw 2 or 3 TDs and maybe 1 INT. Add in a TD or 2 on the ground and a couple field goals and this game will definitely be one to watch.

Brees' 5 TDs + 1 on the ground and 0 FGs = blowout :ezbill:

4 of those 6 INT's came when the game was over already and they were having to force the ball late.

Neither QB's we played made game changing mistakes really. That's to their credit I guess.

Kolb threw 1 INT on the last play of the game and 1 INT in garbage time against a prevent defense. So only one of the INTs had any real effect on the game.

I don't exactly recall when Stafford threw his INTs because I was a tad... well, intoxicated. I know one was very untimely.

What makes you think the Bills will score 2 or 3 TDs in the air and 1-2 TDs via the run? And then add in a couple of FGs? Plus one INT? If there is a team in this contest that can expect to score that often, its certainly not the Bills.

Jackson has speed to burn and had 912 receiving yards last year on 62 catches. He's good. And between him and CJ, they each had 1 big play and basically nothing after that.

So your defense gives up TDs to big play receivers? Expect both T.O. and Lee to have a TD then I guess.

Jackson didn't do well against the Pats and crushed the Bucs. Which team are we more like?

Didn't do well against the Pats? You might want to check the stats again. Jackson is an all-around back.

jackson had 140 yards of total offense and a TD

i'd say that's pretty good against the pats

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom