Scouts Inc Rankings (1 Viewer)

Yep, they sure do. Maybe they haven't updated the other yet.

Still at 91 he is head and shoulders above everyone else at Safety.

I thought DeJuan Morgan was supposed to give him a run for the best safety?

Overall, I really like Scouts Inc. However, I don't like the fact that they are so slow to update their database. The player descriptions come from before the season, and there are no descriptions of juniors, only rankings.

We CAN get a defensive starter @ #10.. some might call them a reach. but aren't all draft picks a reach to some extent.. I think people get too much into the media hype of who's good and who's not .. When if the truth be told if they knew they, would be some teams head of scouting! It's all cut and paste..

Nice post, and thanks.

Anyone think this can happen?

R1 - Dan Connor
R2 - Brandon Flowers/Antoine Cason
R3 - Trevor Laws
R4 - DJ Hall

DJ Hall in the 4th?? that would be suh-Weet! give him his college number, cause Freddie probably won't be back...

He is actually the 15th ranked corner with a rating of 67.

Here is his profile:

Strengths: Shows adequate top-end speed and can use long arms to knock passes away when caught in a trail position. Gets adequate knee bend in backpedal and shows adequate closing speed coming forward. Reads quarterback's eyes, aggressive and jumps routes. Is tall and can compete for jump balls. Has good ball skills, is a playmaker in coverage and flashes the ability to pick up big chunks of yards after turnovers. Plays with a good motor and makes plays in pursuit. Wraps up upon contact and is a reliable open field tackler. Blocked a kick last year and can contribute on special teams.

Weaknesses: Played at a small school and there is some concern about ability to make the jump to the NFL. Doesn't have great bulk for frame and bigger receivers will have some success shielding him from the ball. Takes too long to open hips when forced to turn and run and lacks the second gear to recover once caught out of position. Hasn't great upper body strength, doesn't always use hands well and can take too long to shed blocks.

Overall: Rogers-Cromartie has played in 33 games over the last three seasons (2004-'06) recording 121 total tackles, six tackles for loss, nine interceptions, and 14 pass breakups. Rodgers-Cromartie is a playmaker who possesses a good blend of height and burst. However, he is a small-school prospect and he doesn't have elite size or speed raising concerns about his ability to compete at the NFL level.

hmmm, sounds alot how they described Colston being from a small school and lack of speed....

hmmm, sounds alot how they described Colston being from a small school and lack of speed....

I was going to post something similar. i think these guys just check off standard sentences when they make these analysis. I have not seen many Ellis games, but I do not remember seeing him struggle with bigger lineman. I have never seen Dorsey "not display the base to anchor versus bigger interior offensive linemen when teams run at him."

I remember last year reading profiles of players in a draft mag and they had a very similar write-up for Landry and J. Russell mainly centered around questionable intelligence and how they are going to have a hard time learning a pro system. I have heard stories about JaMarcus having some difficulty learning the system, but I have never heard Landry struggling in any mental aspect of the game.

MLB Lofton, DT Sims, CB Cason, OLB Hayes, CB Flowers.. not in any order, but these are some of the guys I saw this past season. Most importantly these are some of the guys that probably will be available in any given round. I'd be happy with three of these young'nz

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom