Video Scout's Take: Sitting down with Gabe Barahona to study the Saints vs Panthers (2020 Game 2) (1 Viewer)

RevDeuceWindham

Player Evaluator/Analyst for The Athletic
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Hope you're enjoying the offseason madness so far. In some ways I enjoy it more than I do the regular season. lol. But, I still miss watching football. To fill that game met up with Gabe Barahona (Former NFL Regional Combine director, Scout with the Calgary Stampeders, & 5x U.S. National Team member) once again to take a look at the secondary. This is becoming a bit of a series thing where we sit down and watch film together. To emulate what it's been like for us in an actual setting (EX: Having to go to the Saints facility and study tape, going to a college to watch a player, etc.) this is the first time we sit down and watch a particular game together. So the thoughts, reactions, and takes are all fresh. Really helps get the football juices flowing again. In this video we focus on:

-Young players (Grant Haley)
-Vet F/As (P.J. Williams)
-Carolina playcalling vs New Orleans playcalling
-Some notes on Rankins/Onyemata/T-Rex (some absolutely gorgeous examples of the drop leg technique and run stopping. T-Rex also being really good at pass rush)
-Teddy Bridgewater

Not a better way to spend your Sunday than with some film study! Would love to talk shop about this game (or anything else) if anyone's down. Hope you enjoy!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom