Scrum breaks out in Michigan/Wisconsin game (1 Viewer)

GrandAdmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's going to be interesting to see what comes of this, especially considering it's not the first time Howard had to be separated from a counterpart on the sideline.

I agree that the timeout at that point of the game wasn't needed, and I don't mind Howard expressing his displeasure. Throwing a punch, however... wow.

Howard suspended 5 games and fined 40k.

Howard suspended 5 games and fined 40k.
That's a fair punishment. Happy Gard got fined as well cuz he shouldn't have grabbed Howard the way he did as he tried to walk away.

It's going to be interesting to see what comes of this, especially considering it's not the first time Howard had to be separated from a counterpart on the sideline.

I agree that the timeout at that point of the game wasn't needed, and I don't mind Howard expressing his displeasure. Throwing a punch, however... wow.

I completely disagree about the timeout. I think this actually makes Howard look (way) worse.

Wisconsin had emptied the bench, but Michigan had 2-3 starters still in. Michigan was pressing and getting steals/deflections while Wisconsin was just trying to run out the clock (with backups).

After a Michigan steal/layup, the shot clock was turned off. All Wisconsin had to do was cross half court and dribble out the clock, which they were trying to do.

Since Michigan deflected the ball out of bounds, Wisconsin would have only had 3-4 sec to cross half court, against pressure that their backups weren’t ready to handle. The timeout just reset that 3-4 sec to 10, to help them cross half court.

After Wisconsin crossed half court, they seemed content to just dribble the clock out; it wasn’t like they were trying to run up the score.

Of course none of this mattered since Michigan immediately intentionally fouled after the timeout. This completely flies in the face of the “they wouldn’t just let the game end” excuse that Juwan Howard tried to use.

Howard also tried to spin/lie in the press conference by saying they were not pressing; they were just playing full court pressure defense.

What does he think “press” is short for?

I don’t think Howard even had a leg to stand on with cursing and being so petulant and angry about the timeout.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom