N/S Scuffle in Falcons/Packers game (1 Viewer)

Bespoke

Time for change
Reaction score
I actually didn't even know about this Fight, until late. Until I saw the video apparently this broke out after Falcon's Safety Brian Poole launches into Aaron Rodgers on a scramble play. It was questionable but Rodgers did kind of slide late, and on closer look it looks like Poole is actually going with the shoulder taking the head out of it. (although even still the helmet becomes the first point of contact) Packers Guard, Lucas Patrick understandably, seeing the play in real time takes Offense to this perceived cheap shot at his Quarterback and runs all the way down the field, to get in Poole's face... and then the fight breaks out. With Falcon's Linebacker Deion Jones jumping on Patrick's back, grabs him by the neck and then it appears he threw a punch at #76's helmet as he tries to get him off Patrick?

Here's the Play and the aftermath.

What are your takes on this? Why did Jones not get ejected for throwing a punch? I actually don't have an issue with the OL confronting Poole. There will be fines aplenty from this incident.

Last edited:
It's hard to get excited about anything when two crappy teams play each other because nobody cares.

1. How was that a 1st down? He started sliding maybe 3 yds away from marker
2. Jones most likely sits next game. It’s not like he was trying to hide what he was doing

Poole and Kaze are as dirty as they come.
Poole is the reason Drew got that rushing TD, he was more concerned with targeting then wrapping up and making the tackle.

Clearly targets Rogers here.

I watched this live because I’m in Chicago and couldn’t watch the real game... I thought it was a clean hit because A-Aron slid late trying to get a first down. It was a hard hit, but clean. I have no issue with the OL taking up for his QB. As some others have said, who cares... lol

Non issue to me. If you look close, Poole is coming in shoulder first as the slide is fixing to start. Rodgers dont want to get hit, dont run. But it's the Falcons so I dont care really.

I watched this live because I’m in Chicago and couldn’t watch the real game... I thought it was a clean hit because A-Aron slid late trying to get a first down. It was a hard hit, but clean. I have no issue with the OL taking up for his QB. As some others have said, who cares... lol
He lowers his head and launches himself at the target. That's the very definition of targeting. He doesn't lead with his shoulder, he leads with his head. Poole does this constantly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom