Scum of the Earth (2 Viewers)

purvis_guy

Victim of Laughing Chance
Reaction score
Hackers Flood Epilepsy Web Forum With Flashing Lights
Monday, March 31, 2008

By Paul Wagenseil

Web-site hacking has reached a new low, both morally and technically.

Unknown miscreants had a good time two weekends ago when they posted hundreds of flashing animated images onto discussion boards hosted by the Landover, Md.-based Epilepsy Foundation.

Flashing lights or bold moving patterns can trigger often violent seizures among 3 percent of the estimated 50 million epileptics worldwide.

"I was on the phone when it happened, and I couldn't move and couldn't speak," RyAnne Fultz, who has epilepsy, told Wired News about her reaction to viewing one of the images on March 23.

Fultz's 11-year-old son walked over and closed the browser window after about 10 seconds. Fortunately, she suffered nothing more than a bad headache.

By then, the second day of vandalism on EpilepsyFoundation.org, the jerks had moved on to hijacking the browsers of anyone who clicked on certain forum posts, filling the screens with bright, flashing colors.

.Read More:
FOXNews.com - Hackers Flood Epilepsy Web Forum With Flashing Lights - Science News | Science Technology | Technology News

i just hope and pray this forum is never overrun and littered with Falcon and Cowboys pictures...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom