Seahawk fans visiting the Big Easy (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Not here to Troll or Flame..at least not yet.
First off all thanks to the Saints and all their fans for the big win against the 9ers! Sorry to hear 'bout Reggie. It sucks to lose that kind of a player this early in the season- especially when he's on my fantasy football team.

Me and couple of my buddies are coming to NO for the Nov. 21 game. Pretty sure I know what's gonna happen but if anyone knows 'bout supporting your team when the times are tough it should be you, the long time Saints fans, right?

Some questions for you guys.

Tickets? Are we better off using StubHub or can we get good deals from scalpers at the Superdome?

We're staying at the Hotel St. Marie right off Bourbon Street.. please no fire alarms on the night before the game! Any good authentic Creole food by there?

And being guys...what are the best places to either celebrate or lick our wounds with some local "talent"? Amateur talent I mean.

And lastly, how's the tailgate scene?

Hawkblue out

1. use stubhub or ticketmaster for your tickets especially with what you will spend to travel.

2. more good food that you can sample in a year - i'll leave specific instructions to others who ahve favorites.

3. not sure what kind of talent you are seeking. for good local music try frenchman street, rockin bowl, irvin mayfield's playhouse or any number of venues that others will reccomend.

Lastly, welcome and have a good time. You will be treated far better than we were in san fran.

This is the one town you can wear your teams colors proudly
You got a better chance of a Who Dat buying you a beer than you would people in your hometown.
You will have a great time. Just be ready to party.

Who Dat!

Use StubHub or Ticket Exhchange. I'm not saying I've heard any particular scalper horror stories; but in this day and age of bar codes, ticket in hand means nothing.

I'm not a guy so I can't (or won't) help you with the rest (if you're saying what I think you're saying being on Bourbon Street and all:mwink:)

For the last part you might you want to check out the Asian Health Spa on Canal St. for some "wound licking" :mwink:

Ticket Exchange is usually much cheaper than Stubhub.
Saints NFL Ticket Exchange

I'll leave the food suggestions to others, but it's pretty hard to have a bad meal in New Orleans. You have to try hard.

At my age, I can't help you with the other stuff, but you won't have any problems here, as others have pointed out.

Thanks guys.. and a girl! We fully plan to "represent" but to be respectful. There might be some good natured smack talk but nothing too serious. Oh, BTW the amateur "talent" I was talking about were just some cool chicks who would not be absolutely revolted by seeing guys in the enemy colors. And to who ever said we'd be treated better than you were in SF. I almost got shanked in SF, just because the Hawks won. So I feel your pain.

you may run into an idiot or two, all teams have them, the good times will more than make up for it. Enjoy yourself. There are good restaurants all around you. One way to find the best is to try them all!

Not here to Troll or Flame..at least not yet.

Do us all a favor and just don't go there. Dunno if you may have realized it, but your new HC isn't really Mr. Popularity around the NFL and I much prefer to save verbal slaps upside the head for falolcon, cowgirl, Whinekings, and the occasional Niner fan.

This is the one town you can wear your teams colors proudly
You got a better chance of a Who Dat buying you a beer than you would people in your hometown.
You will have a great time. Just be ready to party.

Who Dat!

This....... We really do love out of town fans.. You are spending money and we love you for it... So wear your colors proudly....

My favorite place in the quarter pre-game is The Beach on Bourbon... 400 block I think... Great atmosphere where the fans of other teams are recognized in a nice way... They played the Vikings fight song right after Crunk (you will figure it out after about the 4th TD we score)...

Make sure you leave enough time to get to Champions Square right outside of the Dome pre-game.... so get some rest.. errr. just dont go to sleep is more like it....

Have fun except for the 3+ hours in the Dome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, now I'm really looking forward to to our trip to NO! Me and my buds usually go to two conference away games a year, but the reception in town, and on message boards, is usually really cold. This year we decided to skip the usual SF and AZ trips for the chance to go to NO. Sounds like it should be fun!

Do us all a favor and just don't go there. Dunno if you may have realized it, but your new HC isn't really Mr. Popularity around the NFL and I much prefer to save verbal slaps upside the head for falolcon, cowgirl, Whinekings, and the occasional Niner fan.
There might be some smack talk right before the game but nothing too serious. I don't want to write any checks my team can't cash. Rebuilding mode

for your last requests. Ricks, is the best. The most priciest as well. 60 a song i believe. But anywhere on bourbon is great just try them all.

There might be some smack talk right before the game but nothing too serious. I don't want to write any checks my team can't cash. Rebuilding mode

Sounds acceptable. Plus, you are really going to be glad you picked visiting New Orleans over AZ. Glad as in the difference between winning an all expense paid vacation to somewhere like Miami vs somewhere like Billings, Montana.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom