Seahawks get Bennett (1 Viewer)

Dang. They are loading up. And they get him for a one year deal?

One year deal. That is important...

The market is stabilizing down, which is great news for the Saints.

When is the last time the "winner" of free agency actually did something with that title?

If I had to guess, I'd say 1994. Remember in the early days of Free Agency, Carmen Policy basically signed every available free agent. Guys like Rickey Jackson, Toi Cook, Chris Doleman, Gary Plummer, Ken Norton, Deion Sanders, Etc...

They won the Super Bowl that season, but were in salary cap hell for a while after. If I recall right.

Did I miss something? Did old Pete bring Ed Oregon with him to Seattle? Someone has been hitting the recruiting trail hot and heavy. The ChickenHawks are dishing out coin like back in his USC Days.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

The Seahawks and 49ers are fast-forwarding to where the Saints are now.. a few years ago we had teams full of young guys and journeymen, but now those guys are either playing on the contracts they earned, or they're gone. Won't be long until both of these spenders are in the same spot...

Dream Team II.

I hope they fail miserably while everyone is toting them as the next Super Bowl team right now.

This is just getting ridiculous now. According to CBSsports the top two defensive free agents were Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett. CBS had Avril ranked 3rd and Bennett 4th overall, offense and defense. That's a pretty good haul.

I love this NFC West arms race because IMHO the Seahawks are getting the better of the 49ers so far. Anything that hurts the 49ers chances of winning is a good thing. Having said that though, I don't want to see the Seahawks in the playoffs.

If I had to guess, I'd say 1994. Remember in the early days of Free Agency, Carmen Policy basically signed every available free agent. Guys like Rickey Jackson, Toi Cook, Chris Doleman, Gary Plummer, Ken Norton, Deion Sanders, Etc...

They won the Super Bowl that season, but were in salary cap hell for a while after. If I recall right.

Yeah, they are cheaters!
Here:http://http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2000/12/01/king_salarycap/?mobile=no

San Francisco cheat

Niners lose two draft picks, $300,000 for violating cap

Click here for more on this story
Posted: Friday December 01, 2000 3:26 PM
Updated: Friday December 01, 2000 6:38 PM

Jim Druckenmiller's side deal would have allowed him to renegotiate if he became a starter within three years. AP
By Peter King, Sports Illustrated

The National Football League finally handed out the penalties stemming from its investigation of the San Francisco 49ers salary-cap situation. San Francisco was docked a fifth-round pick in the 2001 draft and a third-rounder in 2002. The 49ers were also fined $300,000 for violating the bylaws of the NFL salary-cap system.

In addition, Cleveland executive Dwight Clark was fined $200,000. Clark admitted in a deposition before league attorneys to making a side deal in the rookie-year contract of former 49ers quarterback Jim Druckenmiller. Clark's boss with the 49ers -- and current Browns president -- Carmen Policy was fined $400,000 because the violations occurred on his watch.

"Although there are many legal and factual differences of opinion over many of the issues, everyone connected with the matter agrees that this settlement is in the best interests of everyone involved, including the NFL," Policy said in a statement.

Actually, these violations were not part of 1994. Somehow they never got caught for bending rules regarding the salary cap in 94. Here is a quote from Benson during the 94 season when we didn't land Deion Sanders
SANTA CLARA, Calif. &#8212; The San Francisco 49ers got the last laugh Sunday. They beat New Orleans, 24-13, then thumbed their noses at the Saints' front office.
Last week, you might recall, Saints owner Tom Benson complained loudly about the 49ers' signing of free-agent cornerback Deion Sanders. Benson basically accused the 49ers of playing games with the NFL's $34.6 million salary cap.
"This is a farce," said Benson, who offered Sanders $17.1 million for four years, only to see him sign with the 49ers for one year at $1.134 million. "What kind of Mickey Mouse organization are we running out there?"
Sanders made his first 49ers start Sunday against the Saints and capped it off in typical "Prime Time" fashion when he intercepted a Jim Everett pass and returned it 74 yards for a touchdown.
As the 49ers mobbed their new teammate in the end zone, the Mickey Mouse Club theme played over the Candlestick Park public-address system. Some 64,000 fans laughed and sang along: "M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E."
Upstairs in his private box, Benson fumed.
The scene symbolized this season: the 49ers giggling while the rest of the league burns.
. 2 franchises to never trust are S.F. and N.E. They are known for cheaters.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom