Seahawks "Poach" Saints defensive line coach (1 Viewer)

BodyofBreesus

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
This is from bleacher report and I am very well aware of the fact that I could write better articles than their writers about the Saints along with most of you. However, I didn't see this on here before so thought I'd share. Interesting it hasn't come up yet either.

The fact that they use the phrase "poach" almost made me lol.

Seahawks poach the Saints of a defensive line coach

Mackenzie

Black and Gold Forever
Reaction score
I must say it doesn't feel good to know we now have so many coaching vacancies. Maybe it's good leverage to bring in a DC to know they have full control over the hiring of several position coaches.

BreesusSaves

MAAAARK INGRAM
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I wouldnt be surprised at all if Loomis/Payton were 100% fine with these changes going on right now with the defensive staff.

You don't get to be as bad as the Saints have been on defense from just the players or a scheme... it takes a full group effort to suck that hard.

Firecross

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I would bet Payton probably told defensive coaches to take jobs if they open up, he's probably going to keep very few defensive coaches.

OP

BodyofBreesus

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
^^^^^ I really wouldn't be concerned about the vacancy. Our d-line with the exception of cam Jordan really couldn't have been much worse overall. it did show improvement towards the end of the season but compared to other teams that really wasn't saying much.

Ross

Scottish Who Dat!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This is from bleacher report and I am very well aware of the fact that I could write better articles than their writers about the Saints along with most of you. However, I didn't see this on here before so thought I'd share. Interesting it hasn't come up yet either.

The fact that they use the phrase "poach" almost made me lol.

Seahawks poach the Saints of a defensive line coach

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/saints-lose-asst-d-line-coach-seahawks-285685/#.UQnkh79E9FI :9:

GreMillionaire

All-Pro
Reaction score
I can imagine these meetings between Loomis and Payton going a little something like this;

SP: "Just to let you know, Travis took a job with the Hawks as DL coach."
ML: "Travis?"
SP: "Travis Jones, assistant DL coach, you know Travis".
ML: ".......oh Travis, wait, someone hired him?"
SP: "Yeah, tell me about it, I had check my twitter to confirm it from Schefter cuz I thought he was just messing with me."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)