Seahawks starting LT Bradley Sowell out Sunday (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
Seahawks tackle Bradley Sowell to miss time with sprained right knee

Posted by Curtis Crabtree on October 25, 2016, 1:10 AM EDT

The Seahawks will have to get by for at least the next few weeks without starting left tackle Bradley Sowell.

An MRI on Monday showed a sprained MCL in Sowell’s right knee suffered in the fourth quarter of Sunday night’s 6-6 tie with the Arizona Cardinals.

“It’s going to take a few weeks, we’ll see what it takes to get him back,” head coach Pete Carroll said.

George Fant replaced Sowell at left tackle for the remainder the game. Fant, an undrafted free agent from Western Kentucky, has incredibly limited football experience. He played basketball exclusively for the majority of his college career before joining the football team for his final season. He played defensive line and tight end at Western Kentucky in very limited action.

Seattle offensive line was already VERY bad. Hopefully we can figure out how to take advantage. If we can, they'll be forced to use their tight ends to help pass protect a good bit.

Sweet, that should allow the Saints defense to hold them to the same amount of points they've scored on the road all season.

The last 8 home games (or full seasons worth of home games), the Saints have held one team to less than 30 points (Jags 27 points). In that span they have allowed 38.38 points per game. About a full TD more than any defense in history has allowed over the span of a season.

The Saints defense has allowed more points than the Seahawks and Patriots. COMBINED. Oh yeah, the Patriots haven't even had a bye week either.

The Seahawks have allowed 32 points combined in their 3 road games this season. The Saints haven't held anyone to 32 points or less and any home game this season.

Seattle offensive line was already VERY bad. Hopefully we can figure out how to take advantage. If we can, they'll be forced to use their tight ends to help pass protect a good bit.
Jimmy Graham stay in to block? We should have a field day with sacks then.

Sweet, that should allow the Saints defense to hold them to the same amount of points they've scored on the road all season.

The last 8 home games (or full seasons worth of home games), the Saints have held one team to less than 30 points (Jags 27 points). In that span they have allowed 38.38 points per game. About a full TD more than any defense in history has allowed over the span of a season.

The Saints defense has allowed more points than the Seahawks and Patriots. COMBINED. Oh yeah, the Patriots haven't even had a by week either.

The Seahawks have allowed 32 points combined in their 3 road games this season. The Saints haven't held anyone to 32 points or less and any home game this season.

raw

We don't take advantage of poor offensive lines. The one team that I remember the Saints defense abusing an Oline is the Bears, in 2011 and 2013. Otherwise, no one else seems to come to mind.

dennis allen is going to blitz 6 to 8 players and our corners are going to play 10 yards off to allow 8 yard completions on a lot of 3rd and 6 downs

I wish I could say we're going to school their backup LT, but we'll probably make him look like an All-Pro. No sacks or turnovers against KC. The lack of impact plays from our defense is killing us.

I was listening to Seahawks radio this morning on the drive to work and this was probably the biggest talking point. What's interesting is that they seem to be just viewing the Saints as a minor speedbump with barely any mentions about the matchup at all, only the occasional "The Saints defense is really really bad."

Frankly the Saints are probably lucky as they are hitting the Seahawks at probably the best possible time to play them, and hopefully the Saints can exploit that. Obviously still going to be a tough matchup for the Saints, but here's to hoping.

It won't be much of a drop off since Sowell was already the worst left tackle in the league.

The classic battle of the resistible force up against the movable object.

Remember the Giants game when they were down to 5 healthy lineman because there were so many injuries? Remember the pressure they were able to get on manning? Me neither.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember the Giants game when they were down to 5 healthy lineman because there were so many injuries? Remember the pressure they were able to get on manning? Me neither.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, you mean our best defensive performance of the season to date? The one where the opposition didn't score a single offensive touchdown and we collected a season-high three turnovers?

I was listening to Seahawks radio this morning on the drive to work and this was probably the biggest talking point. What's interesting is that they seem to be just viewing the Saints as a minor speedbump with barely any mentions about the matchup at all, only the occasional "The Saints defense is really really bad."

Frankly the Saints are probably lucky as they are hitting the Seahawks at probably the best possible time to play them, and hopefully the Saints can exploit that. Obviously still going to be a tough matchup for the Saints, but here's to hoping.

We have become an after thought around the league. KC beat writers were the same way last week. Can't blame them but it is hard to stomach. It seems like we are a homecoming game for the better teams in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom