Seahawks still recovering from 5-quarter game; "carbing up" on sweet potatoes (1 Viewer)

This is more alarming (for them)

I've already said my piece about what I think about all this in another thread, but man, this team is going to be drained by the time we play.

That flight is going to take a lot out of them. They are ripe for the pickin'.

We need to send some people to Kenner to start hitting them as they're getting off the plane.

If only I had a nickle for every time a team has used the ole sweet potato smoke screen.
You'd have a nickel?

In all seriousness though, I don't buy any of this. I don't doubt that they were exhausted after the game, but 6 days is more than enough time for a professional athlete's body to recover.

The long flight and early start time could present some challenges for them though.

glad I am not the only one who doesn't believe that junk they are saying. I just hope our defense steps up and has a game of the year. I think we can do it. They are only averaging 18 points a game. Wish we had Rankins and Breaux back for this game though.

I for one want to see Ingram or Hightower go off. I hate truly hate Seattle. Maybe more than SF or Carolina, but not as much as Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I've been saying this for years (or whenever we play Seattle). Stop trying to match their physicality. Spread them out, do what we do, go up-tempo, and put pressure on their defense.

Hopefully, with us finally getting them in our home stadium, not having to worry about the crowd, we come out 4-5 wide and see how it goes.

I really think Brees and our young trio of great receivers have what it takes to pick that defense apart.

That what the Pats did in Super Bowl and it worked 51 passes to 20 runs. But Payton ego wont allow that. Instead he need to get his Kuhn psckage, his Lasco package, his Hightower package, his Hill package, his Meachem package (yes i know he gone but Payton still has a package for him. He gotta run his plays early to set up stuff later. Of course the Saints will fall behind and then play cactch up and score some points but it wont be enough.

I really wish Josh McDaniel was coaching the Saints this week, cause he would from plsy one come out in full attack mode with our best players and not stop attacking unless the Saints had a 20 point lead in the 4 th quarter.

I am going to be an optimist because why the heck not.

My plan of attack against the Seahawks based on their last game would be a straight up Texas Tech air raid offense. Four and five wide every play, lots of out-routes and quick passes designed to make their defense run sideline to sideline. No huddle, never huddle. You don't have to quick snap it, but just the pressure of having to be in your stance constantly on the defensive line and not knowing when the snap is coming will be exhausting. Get them tired, force them to sub more than they want, and hope the defense comes up with a random stop and sneak out a win. 42-38 Saints.

knowing the saints they will do the opposite, come run heavy and drain the clock lol

its a win win for the hawks to talk about how worn out they are.

the media will spin it either way:
lose the game - if only they hadnt played a 5 quarter game the week before, their bodies would've been fresh and would've won
win the game - they played a 5 quarter game the week before and still went on the road and won, super bowl champs!

Next time they need to find some stronger "sweet potatoes" lol

Yeah.

There was a lot of skepticism on this thread about whether they were burnt out from that 5-quarter away game last Sunday night. But I think it was obvious that Payton's game plan was to keep their D on the field and pound them with the run. We didn't waver from that and by halftime, I think their D had been on the field for about 40 plays. We continued to run and control the ball - and we didn't take a lot of deep shots.

I think they were okay on the first half because its easy to get up for a game if you're a competitor, but they didn't have as much in the tank as they might have under different circumstances. I think that's reality and Payton knew it. It was pretty easy to see that by the late third quarter, they were gassed.

I for one want to see Ingram or Hightower go off. I hate truly hate Seattle. Maybe more than SF or Carolina, but not as much as Atlanta.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I think you got your wish. :9:

perfect game plan on offense. let them burn themselves out the first half, keep it close and then come out the second half and just wear them out. Did that and got the win. On to San Fran.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom