Sean Canfield (1 Viewer)

rather have Hokie be a backup than Canfield..................can't someone actually thought enough of Canfield to take the time to post a thread about Canfield.

Man I hope so! Don't underestimate how important Chase was to Drew! That kid was under Drew's behind every second Drew was on the bench, going over routes and coverages and just being there, on the spot and knowing the system inside and out, all the while KNOWING he wouldn't ever get a shot unless something went horribly wrong yet he put in the work and the desire.

Canfield's a good egg and that's about it! Too different for our WR's to adapt, he's a lefty, tall and looks absolutely lost and about as inaccurate as Drew is accurate from all of the practices I've seen or playing time he's gotten in pre-season's late games.

So, no, sadly Sean C., while tall and could be something, just , well, isn't!

We NEED someone who is as eager as Chase to be a real part of this team! Even Mark Brunell had a pedigree behind him but glad we didn't need to see what he was capable of. I don't know who we should be looking at and I don't know why Chase left when K.C. got Alex Smith????? He should have stayed with The SAINTS since he'll be backing up Smith anyhow, I'd rather be with Coach Payton and DREW BREES than in K.C. with Alex Smith's butt ahead of me............but that's just me! You can certainly add 2nd QB to our list of NEEDS when you write down L. Tackle and a Pass Rushing threat and some LB'er help and some help in the secondary.........WHEW! We've got quite a grocery list and Schweggeman's done closed up on us. Hope Rouse's can provide what The Dr. Ordered!

Chase wants to start somewhere. He realizes he doesn't have a chance of beating out Drew in camp. His only chance would be if Drew went down. Alex Smith on the other hand.....I think Chase is capable of winning the starters spot. However, I'm sure K.C. has more money tied up in Smith than Chase and that sure wouldn't help Chase's case.

I really wanted Kellen Moore who the Lions picked up. Identical to Brees and was a winner.

Let's get Culpepper. Then we can look at the Dolphins and say Hahaha we got both. OK totally not serious. I'd rather go try out and I can't throw a ball more than 25 yards.With no velocity.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

The idea of Canfield starting for us - if (God forbid) something happens to Drew - makes me physically ill.

Wouldn't mind seeing us grab Jordon Rogers from Vanderbilt late or as an UDFA

So if he's that bad, why did the front office waste a draft pick on him?

So if he's that bad, why did the front office waste a draft pick on him?

His shortcomings were issues that Payton felt he and Carmichael could work and correct. And they still may be able to.

I'd rather Aaron Brooks or even Jeff George over this guy. Heck, I'd even be up for giving Jamarcus Russell a shot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom