Sean is auditioning Hill for the long term today. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Everyone, myself included expected to see a totally different offensive game plan with Hill at QB today. Outside of a couple of plays, that simply hasn't been the game plan of the first half. we're seeing Hill in his first start in the NFL running the Saints offense. Not Brees of course, but not the RPO, run-heavy offense I thought Sean would breakout for this game.

I hope to see Hill to start taking the running lanes when presented in passing situations rather than waiting for something to develop downfield as he has on a few occasions so far. Overall, he's played well other than his Winston imitation in the red-zone.

It looks different than I thought but I predicted this based on his preseason as the QB. I expected more dump-offs to Kamara mainly.

Taysom will have at least a 3:1 pass to run ratio (somewhere around 25 passes and 8 runs).

Taysom as the starter will look different than him in his joker role. People want to extrapolate that role but I've seen him play a different game when he is the starting QB. I don't know if it will be good or bad (I've only seen it in pre-season after all). I'm excited by the unknown but I do not expect it to be limited to what we've seen on Sundays. Those plays will be there but for the large part, I think he will distribute the ball as you'd expect in a west coast offense.

Here's a stat to show what I mean.

2019 Preseason
59 Pass Attempts; 18 rushes

2019-2020 Regular Season
11 Pass Attempts; 61 rushes

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom