Sean Kelley's observations from Saturday's Saints training camp practice presented by Verizon (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1533426989846.png

By Sean Kelley | NewOrleansSaints.com

The New Orleans Saints moved their training camp practice indoors at the Ochsner Sports Performance Center on Saturday. Persistent inclement weather caused the change for the second day in a row. The Saints practiced in full pads. The greatest emphasis of the practice was the installation of the two-minute offense and defense. Here are some observations:

Saturday was the third practice in a row that saw an equally competitive result from both the offensive and defensive units. Earlier in camp, the defense was “winning” practice on a regular basis. The Offense has now caught up. Two factors are in play. One, is that there has been more installs allowing the offense to work off of a greater playbook and its full cache of weapons. Two, is that the grind of the first nine practices has sharpened everyone up and has the team eager to work against someone other than their own. Preseason game one will soon provide that opportunity.

I tip my cap to Ken Crawley. The Saints cornerback was challenged and rose to the occasion. Crawley was matched up one-on-one with wide receiver Michael Thomas on four particular plays that I watched closely. Crawley won three of those plays with nice breakups against the Saints' top wide receiver. That is no easy task especially knowing how competitive Thomas is on every single rep.

Full Story - NewOrleansSaints.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom