N/S Sean McVay could move on from Jared Goff (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
That was an odd draft with the top 2 QB picks basically passed on by their franchise after paying. Was that the draft with Lamar and Josh?

I’m not anywhere near as high on Jameis as so many seem to be but we’re better off rolling with him than Jared Goff. That guy has been handicapping the rams since they drafted him.

Watson and Stafford would be intriguing but I’m not sure how either of them get here. I think we’re in a position where we’re looking to re-sign Winston and depending on who’s available in the draft they might go QB early and let the 3 of them battle it out in TC.

I’m not 100% convinced Drew is done either but I understand the current consensus here is that he should be done whether he’s ready or not so that’s really all I’ll say about that possibility at this time.

Cutting Goff means taking a $30M cap hit. A trade might be possible from a cap stand point though I am not sure what they could get being that he a $27.8M salary and roster bonus that is guaranteed for 2021.

You know if I'm the Rams owner and they float some notion of dumping my starting QB who I just ponied up millions for and if dumped costs me millions more in dead money. Id be like you know who I can replace that wont cost me millions in dead cap? You boy wonder, the same cat who sold me on this kid...

No. Not a good QB.

Much rather Jameis.

They played during the almost exact same time and Goff has better numbers in pretty much every category.

No way we can touch Goff's price tag though. He's way overpaid and almost all of his contract would roll over to us.

You know if I'm the Rams owner and they float some notion of dumping my starting QB who I just ponied up millions for and if dumped costs me millions more in dead money. Id be like you know who I can replace that wont cost me millions in dead cap? You boy wonder, the same cat who sold me on this kid...

Surprisingly they can save quite a bit of money trading him. Looks like most of his money is in roster bonuses and salary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom