Sean Payton’s Hall Of Fame Chances (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Now that Payton is retired for now, how are his HOF chances.
Pros
- 152 wins with one team
- championship
- .631 winning percentage (same as Curly Lambeau for comparison)
- winningest coach in NFC South history
- 15 year career with one team
- Built a team from the ground up. Seriously, the Saints were basically an expansion team when he arrived.
- top five in Coach/QB wins. The other ones in the top five are all in the Hall except Tomlin, but he’s headed there in hill own right.

With years on TV, his chances are enhanced. Some will never vote for him because of bountygate. But a good TV run will reduce the number who would not consider Sean because of bountygate. I actually think Sean will coach again, perhaps Dallas, but only for a short time with a team ready to win a Super Bowl. Watch 2023.

With years on TV, his chances are enhanced. Some will never vote for him because of bountygate. But a good TV run will reduce the number who would not consider Sean because of bountygate. I actually think Sean will coach again, perhaps Dallas, but only for a short time with a team ready to win a Super Bowl. Watch 2023.
If he gets on TV and stays there, he’s gonna be like Madden. I think he’s that good. Look at every interview he’s done that not a press conference.
The one plus of him coaching another team even Dallas 🤮 is that if he can get another 48 wins and gets to 200, he’s basically a lock for the Hall.

I think he’s borderline right now. But I think he’s going to pick his spot and go to a place where he can win another championship.

I hope he becomes Madden in the booth. Unfortunately, bountygate will keep him out, for probably 20 years.

I think the NFL wants that to go away so that no light gets shone on it.

He's one of the most winning coaches in history, had incredible longevity with a single team, and won a SB. He's in.

It is a travesty that the 2018 playoff non call happened. Close second was the 2011 playoff game vs SF. I felt both of those teams could have won the Superbowl (if they advanced to the game). No question in my mind he and the team were robbed in 2018

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom