Sean Payton’s interest in the Broncos has cooled (1 Viewer)

I don't want know what teams will allow Payton to have what he had here . Down side to all this is not getting a first rounder. Well got to live with it for now.

Sean Payton speaks. Broncos probably still in it now that the Cardinals interview has gone really well.

Interesting. But he could be deflecting. But we will see by the end of the week

He must want the Broncos job. Strange thing to tweet, especially when you’ve just interviewed with another team.
My thinking too. He was usually private with the Saints business but he has been tweeting things that you would think should be kept behind close doors.

Sean Payton’s interest in the Broncos has cooled​

I really don't understand what Payton would see in the Broncos job. They have a lot of resources (cap and draft capital) tied up in Wilson (who was so bad this year the rosiest of prognosticators are describing him as "possibly fixable") plus they're going to have to give up more draft capital to us in order to complete the trade. Their defense is legit (something Payton has always been hands off on), but they're going to have a difficult time adding talent over the next few years. In addition he's going to be running a legitimate risk of being boxed out of the division by a superior Chiefs team (with an infinitely better QB) for the foreseeable future (like, the next ten years if Mahomes stays healthy). If I had my pick of jobs I certainly wouldn't make Denver my number 1.

Either Allbright hates Payton or scared of being wrong about his sources info. Might be both

He’s the Broncos version of Duncan, both incredibly unprofessional and largely clueless. He’s been wrong on just about everything. First he said Payton had zero interest in the Broncos job, then he said Broncos aren’t going to hire someone with no HC experience but now says DeMeco Ryans is favourite and he also said Carolina was going to hire Steichen.

I imagine he’s also scared that Payton does get the Denver job because he’ll find himself quickly cut out and given the “next question” treatment. Seems to have a very odd agenda against SP.

He’s the Broncos version of Duncan, both incredibly unprofessional and largely clueless. He’s been wrong on just about everything. First he said Payton had zero interest in the Broncos job, then he said Broncos aren’t going to hire someone with no HC experience but now says DeMeco Ryans is favourite and he also said Carolina was going to hire Steichen.

I imagine he’s also scared that Payton does get the Denver job because he’ll find himself quickly cut out and given the “next question” treatment. Seems to have a very odd agenda against SP.
I don’t wanna speak on behalf of this guy, but I’ve seen some reporters take a “moral” stance against Payton because of Bountygate.

The longer this goes on, the more I'm beginning to think that Payton may have waited too long before 'retiring', we know he'll only go to the situation that feels best for him, but no one knows what is, except for Payton...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom