Sean Payton’s Interview With Peter King (2/5) (1 Viewer)

I could listen to Payton talk for hours and hours and hours and never get bored listening to him.

I am not going to click on that unless somebody tells me it's a must listen.

People say "I'll forgive, but I won't forget."

Well, I don't forgive, either.

Honest question, if Payton can forgive why can't you? I'm pretty sure he has a much bigger case in never forgiving him and yet he did it. In fact I forgave King because of Payton.

from a content perspective, no one has been granted greater access to the inner workings of our franchise in recent years than King. His article and podcast after sitting in on last year’s pre-Eagles walk through gave unprecedented insight.

this interview is also really good. If you can put personal feelings aside, the behind-the-curtain stuff King has provided is outstanding and worth your time, IMO.

Yeah, I don't listen or read King anymore because I'm still holding a grudge also, but I think this one definitely is worth a listen. It's different than the typical stuff you hear from Payton -- I've found him to be amazingly open in the various Super Bowl interviews he's given and this one was the most interesting of all of them to me.

Hey, from a moral standpoint, if you don't turn the radio off when "Billie Jean" comes on, it's not like St. Peter's going to furrow his eyebrows eben further because you gave Peter King an extra click.... :hihi:

Honest question, if Payton can forgive why can't you? I'm pretty sure he has a much bigger case in never forgiving him and yet he did it. In fact I forgave King because of Payton.

Honest answer:

Because I am utterly unconvinced that Payton wasn't forced to start granting him access under duress.

King is Goodell's sniveling butt-boy, and Payton is mightily wary (with good reason) of Goodell carrying grudges a long, long time. And it would be a very typical 345 Park Avenue **** you power move to make Payton make nice-nice with The Guy Who Should Try A Situp Sometimes just to remind Payton who the boss is. Remember, there's no coaches' union.

People want to forgive, I got not beef with that, everybody makes their own decisions. But once somebody crosses me like this, that's it forever. Gotta couple of former friends out there that I would impassively watch drown. And every night I fall asleep within about 45 seconds of hitting the pillow.

You guys go for it. I have enough Saints news in my life from other sources to extrapolate anything else I need to understand. Besides, who knows when Payton's telling him the truth and when he's blowing smoke up that ample tuchus?

Hey, from a moral standpoint, if you don't turn the radio off when "Billie Jean" comes on, it's not like St. Peter's going to furrow his eyebrows eben further because you gave Peter King an extra click.... :hihi:

Houston, I answer to a higher authority than St. Peter-- me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom