Sean Payton’s Interview With Peter King (2/5) (1 Viewer)

Honest answer:

Because I am utterly unconvinced that Payton wasn't forced to start granting him access under duress.

King is Goodell's sniveling butt-boy, and Payton is mightily wary (with good reason) of Goodell carrying grudges a long, long time. And it would be a very typical 345 Park Avenue **** you power move to make Payton make nice-nice with The Guy Who Should Try A Situp Sometimes just to remind Payton who the boss is. Remember, there's no coaches' union.

People want to forgive, I got not beef with that, everybody makes their own decisions. But once somebody crosses me like this, that's it forever. Gotta couple of former friends out there that I would impassively watch drown. And every night I fall asleep within about 45 seconds of hitting the pillow.

You guys go for it. I have enough Saints news in my life from other sources to extrapolate anything else I need to understand. Besides, who knows when Payton's telling him the truth and when he's blowing smoke up that ample tuchus?
I approve and support this post ?

Recorded during Super Bowl Week, but was just uploaded.

Can someone please provide a link? Since I am in Canada, I’m not allowed to watch it. I am also searching in YouTube and can’t find it.

I hate writing this but I missed the King Payton beef. Can anyone softly touch the previous tension between the two?

Payton has always treated the national media much more kindly than he does the local media. The reason is that he cares what those in the national media say about him. It is in his interests--therefore, he does it. Makes sense to me.

Bountygate is over. It was eight years ago. And today Payton sits on the NFL competition committee, which in the old days was like a congressman getting a seat on the House Ways and Means Committee. Payton and the organization have moved on.Time for the internet warriors to move on as well.

Incidentally, great interview. If Payton ever decides to go in the broadcast booth, the networks will be lining up.

King largely sided with the NFL on the bounty gate stuff.

It was more than that. It became very clear that King was one of the NFL's minions, he pushed his false narrative as far as he could for the precious shield....I will always think he is a total asshat....

King largely sided with the NFL on the bounty gate stuff.

And is essentially the last NFL media person who has never thrown in the towel after the year's long beatdown of actual facts over the NFL's sham "investigation." He's NEVER admitted he was wrong.

Payton is talking to him because it's smart poker, whether or not the NFL made it made it mandatory by fiat or hint.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom