Sean Payton acknowledges that the Saints are taking a measured approached to free agency (1 Viewer)

I'm glad they're not making a splash this year.

The first week of FA is an overpriced sham, where the agents have control of the process, you'll overpay for everybody during this time.

We can't be big players in FA because of the money issues. Average players placed into the Saints organization more often than not will succeed. Average players are what the Saints can afford right now, so don't expect to see any Woodson,Avril,Goldson or Long jerseys in Black N' Gold.

We do this every year you'd think some folks should expect this.

Calm and measured logic? Makes no sense to me. Pure unadulterated panic followed by a nice loud rant are much more fun.:smilielol:

Also, Payton spent 10 months studying from the outside looking in. You know there's a well thought out plan in place.

This

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

I guess most of us were just expecting some changes on d and we want brees protected better.. Obviously Sean p wasn't there last year but brees was rushed and hit more last year than previous ones... Protection and wr separation was down last year. If you stay still in this world you are being left behind... Everyone is trying to move forward

Good teams are rarely the result of big name free agents and massive amounts of turn around. Good teams sign FA's that can fill holes, and play specific roles, and then they draft players and turn them into big names. If you're worried out Brees' protection, don't be. This FO has shown an uncanny ability to turn draft picks into top OL talent. As for the defensive side of the ball, there's really no one out there that stands out as someone who will come in and turn the D around. We'll get some guys in here, but we're certainly not going to overpay.

Good teams are rarely the result of big name free agents and massive amounts of turn around. Good teams sign FA's that can fill holes, and play specific roles, and then they draft players and turn them into big names. If you're worried out Brees' protection, don't be. This FO has shown an uncanny ability to turn draft picks into top OL talent. As for the defensive side of the ball, there's really no one out there that stands out as someone who will come in and turn the D around. We'll get some guys in here, but we're certainly not going to overpay.
See Philly's Dream Team for an excellent example.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom