Sean Payton admits to beating the Saints in 2007 (1 Viewer)

My man Deuce trying to salvage that play and get some yards back.

And Haslett looking as clueless and dumbfounded as ever...

I tried to find the other clip. It had better definition and ran a few seconds longer. The camera zoomed in to Wayne Gandy on
the sideline. The look on his face was priceless

As mad as I have ever been in the Sean Payton era.

Was in So Cal on business and watching it a local sports bar, left the bar livid and just started driving ....no idea where I was going, wound up in San Diego, and not a good of part of San Diego some hours later.:eek:

Dont take losses NEAR as hard now, but that one was particularly painful.

Ironically, was actually at the Aaron Brooks backward pass game in San Diego a few years earlier. That constituted just a eyeroll from me, I had seen enough of Brooks by that point that I was already done.

He's definitely referring to the December 2007 game where Luke McCown was the bucs QB.
I think Jeff Garcia was the Bucs QB against the Saints in 2007, at least at the dome.

Last edited:
Garcia was the first game @ Bucs, Luke played against us in the dome. Had over 300 yards passing.
I also would have sworn the Tampa game in NOLA occurred in October, was wrong there too :hihi:

I was thinking about Payton's HOF candidacy the other day and did some digging. Another ring gets him in no questions asked, I think. But even without that he's within reach now. A good comparison for him is Bill Cower (who's in the HOF).

Sean Payton:

Bill Cowher:
I think he will be in the conversation as well but you should never use Jimmy Johnson or Bill Cowher as HoF examples. The only reason they made it into the HoF is becasue they extended the class size for the centenial class and made a point to add coaches in. SP will will have to wait another 100 years if he wants to get in on their merits.

What he has to do is find a HoF class where he is one of the best 5 candidates (as he has to compete against QBs, LBers, DEs, etc. for his spot). It will take awhile as the NFL is liable to get a big dump of HoF candidates once Brees, Brady, AP, Big Ben, Rodgers, Belichick, Gronk, Patrick Peterson, Frank Gore, JJ Watt, Larry Fitzgerald, Gates, Witten, Von Miller, Vinateri, etc. retire.

Just to demonstarte how hard it is, Tom Flores might finally make it in this year as a Sr Candidate.

Other Head Coaches that will have it tough getting in the HoF for similar reasons...
  • Tomlin
  • Reid
  • Coughlin
  • Holmgren
  • Blanton Collier
  • Jim Lee Howell
  • Seifert
  • Coryell
  • Mike Shanahan
  • Chuck Knox
  • Dan Reeves
  • Marty-Ball
  • Ted Nesser* played an important role in the earliest history of pro football.
  • Buddy Parker
  • Lou Saban

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom