Sean Payton admits to beating the Saints in 2007 (1 Viewer)

Yes. I only know because there was a big deal around the last two Ravens games that Baltimore was the last team on his undefeated list.
I was at that game - it was the same game where he threw his 500th TD.

Benjamin Watson caught it, and it couldn't have been to a better guy.

I still remember listening to this game on the radio in Colorado Springs. This was around the time that I discovered streaming sites but I wasn't always able to do it (that may not have come until 2008).

I remember being so frustrated that LUKE MCCOWN beat the Saints. I just looked it up too and confirmed that it was the December game. The ESPN tagline for this still reads "a botched trick play may have cost the saints their season."

Obviously I'm over it now but that play burned me from the whole cute double reverse thing for a long time.

He's definitely referring to the December 2007 game where Luke McCown was the bucs QB.

Yeah, this is definitely some weird Mandela effect sheet I'm experiencing. I have distinct memories of seeing that crap unfold and then being called into a new job I definitely didn't start at til 2008. Everything just feels like a lie to me now.

He's definitely referring to the December 2007 game where Luke McCown was the bucs QB.

2008 was the game at Tampa where Sean had Brees throw the ball over and over and over in a monsoon until the Bucs took the lead and then won on two INTs at the end of the game. I think Sean knows that one was on him too, but he's starting with the most obvious blown game first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom