Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis at the Alabama pro-day (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They may have an eye on Dylan Moses. Instincts ain't exactly top-notch but he's a beast in coverage
He's still pretty raw, but I can't remember a LB prospect coming in with bad instinct ever turn the corner.

LB are so dependent on instincts to being great.

tim martin

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Damn I snuck in a +750 bet on Mac to go 3 overall but all I’m hearing is that he’s having a bad pro day

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Don't know if they want Jones, but they're definitely taking a qb. You don't give up that kind of draft capital to trade up to #3 to take a TE or corner.

ETA - Tim Martin beat me to it.
Yes you do.

You also don't keep Paying Garoppolo $24 Million and directly state repeatedly that he's your guy to take a backup qb at #3 with great skill talent to help your veteran starter still on the board.

neworleanshoo

hoodat
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pulling for an unlikely disastrous showing from Mac today (y) - likely our only shot to get him.

OP
guillermo

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes you do.

You also don't keep Paying Garoppolo $24 Million and directly state repeatedly that he's your guy to take a backup qb at #3 with great skill talent to help your veteran starter still on the board.
I guess they think that with the team they have they won't be able to draft as early and therefore, get in later years a young quarterback.

I think they are keeping Garoppolo for a year, as a security blanket in case the quarterback they pick is not ready from day 1. Their commitment to Garoppolo is only for one year, and it is a smart thing to keep him since they think their roster is Super Bowl ready.

So I don't say book it or guarantee anything. All we can do is to speculate.

Nolan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Yes you do.

It's not happening, sorry. Jimmy may stay on the roster and be their "guy" this year, especially if they take a quarterback who needs grooming ie Lance or Fields. But there's literally no shot they are investing 3 first round picks in any position other than quarterback.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom