Sean Payton and Mickey Loomis at the Alabama pro-day (2 Viewers)

Interesting tid bit. I honestly thought Lance would be last.

Some of the assistance Jones got from the offense shows up in this section, as well. Jones’ play-action / RPO rate of 53.03% is astronomically high. Even if we assume the NFL’s play-action / RPO rate is increasing, over 50% is not a realistic number in the pros. From 2019 and on, the only other QBs to clear the 45%-plus mark in this area are Drew Lock, Kyler Murray, and Tua Tagovailoa. That’s not the worst company, honestly, but it’s still worth recognizing much of Jones’ production came easier than other QBs, which is especially concerning when Jones does not have the playmaking element those other QBs had/have.

Bridgewater was a future starter for some team just like whomever the 9ers draft might be next year.

The point is that Shanahan purposely said himself that they will draft a guy who won't challenge Jimmy this year.

You're the one reading deeper into what is being said here, not me.

Bridgewater being a future starter for "some team" was not the point you were making when you brought him up in that false equivalency. At any rate, I see where this is going...I'm good.

Interesting tid bit. I honestly thought Lance would be last.

Some of the assistance Jones got from the offense shows up in this section, as well. Jones’ play-action / RPO rate of 53.03% is astronomically high. Even if we assume the NFL’s play-action / RPO rate is increasing, over 50% is not a realistic number in the pros. From 2019 and on, the only other QBs to clear the 45%-plus mark in this area are Drew Lock, Kyler Murray, and Tua Tagovailoa. That’s not the worst company, honestly, but it’s still worth recognizing much of Jones’ production came easier than other QBs, which is especially concerning when Jones does not have the playmaking element those other QBs had/have.

Jones didn't play a full 2019.

Try again hateman

Is this thread the definition of a type A personality?

Bridgewater was a future starter for some team just like whomever the 9ers draft might be next year.

The point is that Shanahan purposely said himself that they will draft a guy who won't challenge Jimmy this year.

You're the one reading deeper into what is being said here, not me.
That’s not a true statement. Teddy was working his way back to try and become a QB in this league again. He had to show something in preseason before anyone would give him a shot. We needed a backup. If what you are saying is true, then the Jets would have considered keeping him. We would have tried harder to keep him and the Panthers wouldn’t be looking for a QB of the future.

Have been wrong before. Will be wrong again. But at the risk of repeating myself, I offer these comments, though with varying degrees of certainty:

1. San Francisco will pick a quarterback. I do not know which one. If I had to wager, I would say Fields, then Lance, then Jones, despite the media stories over the last 48 hours that Jones is the choice. I would not wager much on which quarterback San Francisco will pick, but I would wager a substantial amount that the choice will be a quarterback.

2. I wrote only a few days ago that there was a probability that Jones would be available at 28. I still have questions about Jones, in part because I wonder what his production and performance would have been like had he played not for Alabama, but for Ole Miss or North Carolina or Purdue; and in part because most quarterbacks with his level of athleticism do not make it--Brady was a lottery shot. However, in fairness, a high percentage of first-round quarterbacks picked in recent years do not make it. At this time, because of the media stories having him going as high as three, I would wager, albeit a small amount, that he will not be available at 28.

3. I would wager a large amount that Mac Jones is not a future Hall of Famer (though I won't be around 30 years from now to collect or pay). In fact, I would wager a small amount that no quarterback picked in 2021 will enter the Hall of Fame, and a larger amount that no quarterback not named Lawrence will enter the Hall of Fame.
I take it you like to gamble. Andrew Luck was a can't miss prospect and he retired. We don't know but I don't even wager pennies.

Why did the tweet even include the previous season? So it could include Trey Lance? Wouldn't it make more sense to compare their last full seasons?

Of course it would unless you are a hater running a smear campaign, in which case you don't ask those type of questions because it doesn't fit your agenda to sow* disinterest in the player.

A person with any honest intentions would.

Chris Sims is friends with Shanahan and has the 9ers taking Jones as well.

My doubt with that prediction is that Colin Kaepernick is more similar to Tre Lance and Lance is not only well-built for durability at 6-4 226lbs but he also ran for 1100 yards in 2019.

Those rushing stats, strong arm (can throw 61 yards flat-footed), and solid build stick out to me as why I think that's where they will go.

He is much shifter than Justin Fields as a runner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom