Sean Payton article (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Good article
======================

On Jan. 21, Mike Westhoff opened the door to Sean Payton’s office and saw a quiet husk of a football coach, enveloped in sadness and anger. They talked about the only thing anybody in New Orleans could talk about.

The city was waking up mad, shaking off hangovers, calling radio stations about the injustice incurred the day before. A Los Angeles Rams defensive back had lambasted a New Orleans Saints receiver, and a referee’s missed call had stolen their shot at the Super Bowl.

The latest scar of his scraped-up career remained fresh, and Payton was in the mood to pick at it. He rose from behind his desk, turned toward a board and started drawing X’s and O’s.

Westhoff had marveled at Payton’s memory for the year-plus he worked for him as a special teams coach. Payton explained to Westhoff, on a molecular level, what had happened.........

I don't think Sean is the type to forget any slight :hihi:

Was a good read, I know where to eat next time I'm in NOLA on Friday b4 a home game. What Westhoff said about that fake punt made me sick too.

I think the determination to win another Super Bowl is stronger than ever in Coach Payton and Drew. They are on a mission this season, and the bitter pain of what happened last year is burning inside of them. It's the same kind of pain due to tragic loss that made Achilles a legendary warrior.

This is enough for me to feel confident the team will pull out the win next Sunday. You have to believe Payton has been gameplanning hard for the rematch.

This is enough for me to feel confident the team will pull out the win next Sunday. You have to believe Payton has been gameplanning hard for the rematch.

I feel a “get even with Gregg Williams” type of preparation. We may not blow them out, but we will win. Who dat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom