Sean Payton called an outstanding game! (1 Viewer)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Plenty of people want to jump on the man when he doesn't have his best day as a coach. I would admit and maybe he would too in private that last Sunday against the Giants was not one of his better days. Who here performs at the top of their game at work everyday. I certainly don't.

Flip that around and today was masterful. I thought he put Jameis in position to succeed all day. If we are going to jump on him when he has an off day like many of you do, let's get praise when it's due. Today is one of those days.

For the record, I wouldn't have anyone else in the NFL as our coach.

Well done Coach Sean Payton!

WhoDat!

I don't mean this in a negative way but I think Taysom being out kinda forced his hand a little. Overall, he had some really good play calls and the screen is back.

You think Sean Payton doesn't have a pulse on the team and he doesn't hear the chatter about not using Kamara in passing game or trusting the QB , then he comes out with 5 straight passes lol.

He did call a good game today and most importantly what impressed me the most was he took the training wheels off Winston. You cant coach or correct his play unless you let the man play

We are winning because of Payton and his play design. Down your top 2 recovers, C, T, DE, DT and J.Winston is your QB I think he's done a pretty good job at coaching this team and Winston.
Agreed. I think with most coaches we would be sitting about 1-4 right now.

Agreed. I think with most coaches we would be sitting about 1-4 right now.

Sean Payton is a winning coach. He's going through adjustments from Drew's retirement too. Also he got married recently.

Also he had to coach the team through relocation and all of the terrible consequences of Ida.

That is a whole boatload of stuff. Anyone could get overwhelmed. I credit him for his resilience as the ultimate team leader through the last month plus.

Things will only get better as the injured players heal and the team gets back to as near to full strength as possible. Lots more football ahead. Thank God for the Bye week.

Everyone wants to complain about Payton’s play calling but then always say the receivers don’t get separation. Well you have to choose one. We saw Winston make a really bad throw for an interception that was a real head scratcher. 🙄

The WFT defense is like 31st in the league so we can’t expect the same calls every week.

When MT gets back things should open up for the whole offense and Payton will have more options on terms of play calling.

Plenty of people want to jump on the man when he doesn't have his best day as a coach. I would admit and maybe he would too in private that last Sunday against the Giants was not one of his better days. Who here performs at the top of their game at work everyday. I certainly don't.

Flip that around and today was masterful. I thought he put Jameis in position to succeed all day. If we are going to jump on him when he has an off day like many of you do, let's get praise when it's due. Today is one of those days.

For the record, I wouldn't have anyone else in the NFL as our coach.

Well done Coach Sean Payton!

WhoDat!
Well put. After the Saints and a late Bills game I can already tell I'll be underwhelming at work tomorrow.

Everyone wants to complain about Payton’s play calling but then always say the receivers don’t get separation. Well you have to choose one. We saw Winston make a really bad throw for an interception that was a real head scratcher. 🙄

The WFT defense is like 31st in the league so we can’t expect the same calls every week.

When MT gets back things should open up for the whole offense and Payton will have more options on terms of play calling.

Maybe you didn't see it but Andrus Peat was pushed back and stepped on Winston's foot as he was throwing that ball.

Not a head scratcher. No one could throw a good ball when a 300 plus pound lineman stomps your foot during your release.

As for the play calling it is hard to judge because when it works he looks like a genius and when it doesn't we blame the play call.

It's good to see AK more involved in the passing game. I think Payton realized he needed to get him in space more after the Giants game.
I think AK’s usage in the pass game is entirely dependent on the Oline - if they’re blocking, he can go in routes
If not he has to block

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom