Sean Payton, Curtis Johnson both excited about quarterback Ryan Griffin's potential with Saints (1 Viewer)

I really like this pick up. He's 6'5 and I know in the past Payton has gone for guys that are built similar to Brees. Not saying that height completely makes the QB at all but can you imagine if this guy had an ounce of the talent Brees does with that height?

Sounds like they been watchin' this kid for a minute. This should be pretty interesting to track.

I imagine that behind a real offensive line (that matches the talent he is facing) for the first time since high school will do wonders for this kids production and confidence.

I still imagine you will be able to find him every Wednesday at F&M's.

I hope he can get some reps in the preseason and show something. Who knows, he may be the primary backup next year. I think McCown is only on a 1 year deal.

I hope he can get some reps in the preseason and show something. Who knows, he may be the primary backup next year. I think McCown is only on a 1 year deal.
I think McCown gets cut before the regular season. Wallace will be our backup and Griffin will end up on the PS.

Next year Griffin backs up Brees.

I thought it was established that Seneca never ran the read option?

He hasn't. I don't know if just people haven't watched him play or if they're seeing the color of his skin. :smilielol:

He's a pocket passer all day long, just has good escapablity. He's also smart as heck and will pick up this system very fast, so I think people's perception that McCown will make it because he's familiar with the system is a bit off base.

But back on topic, I'm excited about watching Griffin this year. He's got great size but also has a VERY quick release which is what I'm most excited about.

If his potential shines through during workouts and preseason he'll be a backup. QBs with potential are an iffy thing. Just ask the Redskins how that Chase Daniel to PS worked out.

As always we'll just have to wait and see but if they end up thinking he may be our QB down the road I don't see how they'll risk him clearing waivers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom