Sean Payton-Evaluations, thus far? (1 Viewer)

When he's gone for it on 4th down, it made perfect sense (short conversion, right part of the field).
No dumb challenges.
I agree with the rest, but today's going for it on our own 40 would have earned him a real flame fest here if we hadn't picked it up. I'm glad he did, and I would have done the same. Since we made it it's all good to everyone, but he hasn't been that conservative about it.:mwink:

I still think he's not so great with the challenges.

I still think he's doing a very good job too. That said, I said in April and say now that he's got this year or next in my book to get to the SB. I much prefer winning to losing, but at this point in my life after decades of watching the Saints a nice NFCCG isn't enough anymore. If we're not going to the SB, we might as well get a good pick next year. I think Bill Cowher is the only NFL coach who has ever taken a team to its first Superbowl under him later than his 5th season (excluding of course the first few years of the SB). Vermeil and Dungy did it in their 5th. Generally if you get it to work, you do it relatively early. At this point, though, I'm starting to hope for two.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom