Sean Payton expects Sheldon Rankins to start practicing next week (1 Viewer)

Sean Payton expects Sheldon Rankins to start practicing next week

tumblr_nmpkkpbAlz1rmy9cjo1_r1_250.gif

Hey guys, be fair to Ellerbe. He does have a pulled muscle injury.

I mean Rankins just snapped his leg in two. We all do that.

In fairness to the Saints, Ellerbe has played in 7 of 36 possible games since joining the Saints!!

The Ellerbe fairness train is running out of track really fast!!

I would bet right now that Rankins is back on the field before Ellerbe............:hihi:
I was thinking this when I saw the thread title. Really sad Ellerbe isn't on the field by now or before a guy that broke a bone in his leg. I'll even say Breaux will be back before him (Ellerbe) as well.

JL has a quad injury too but I'm sure he won't be out as long as Ellerbe.

Idk man, maybe since his child came into the picture, maybe his heart is just not into it anymore....he brought so much more to every defense he's been a part of, statistics will show that throughout his career, maybe he is just ready for life outside of football.

Mike D said he asked him one day on a plane on a flight out when was the last time have you been fully healthy and his response was middle school. It's starting to seem like he is mentally drained with all the setbacks and the emotional toll it takes to getting back on the field. Sure we want him to contribute to our team because we have seen how much of a difference he makes but you you know the guy has to be frustrated. I'm sure he still wishes he can play the sport he loves but when time after time all the hard work you put into this sport still spits in your face when is enough enough.

Kind of a stupid question here, but doesn't Rankins play the same position as Fairley, so they will rotate ? It is hard to think that Rankins will be much better then Fairley when he is in. It's still the DEs that seem to provide very little pass rush. But still glad to see that he will be able to get on the field soon.

Idk man, maybe since his child came into the picture, maybe his heart is just not into it anymore....he brought so much more to every defense he's been a part of, statistics will show that throughout his career, maybe he is just ready for life outside of football.

Mike D said he asked him one day on a plane on a flight out when was the last time have you been fully healthy and his response was middle school. It's starting to seem like he is mentally drained with all the setbacks and the emotional toll it takes to getting back on the field. Sure we want him to contribute to our team because we have seen how much of a difference he makes but you you know the guy has to be frustrated. I'm sure he still wishes he can play the sport he loves but when time after time all the hard work you put into this sport still spits in your face when is enough enough.

I can understand that. But if that's the case, he needs to retire instead of occupying a roster spot that someone who DOES want to play can have.

I hope with the addition of Rankins back to the lineup and how well Fairley is playing, the middle of that line becomes deadly.

Kind of a stupid question here, but doesn't Rankins play the same position as Fairley, so they will rotate ? It is hard to think that Rankins will be much better then Fairley when he is in. It's still the DEs that seem to provide very little pass rush. But still glad to see that he will be able to get on the field soon.
Traditional set would have Fairley or Rankins next to Davison. Big beef 1 tech next to the 3 tech. But there are a lot of sub packages that can be a bit lighter where Fairley and Rankins can play alongside each other. They were doing it in preseason. And Fairley can't play every snap.

Fairley can get the same amount of snaps and Rankins will still have room to play a huge role.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom