Sean Payton feels "Good" about Depleted Receiver Corps (1 Viewer)

What else is he gonna say.... "We blow without Sanders and Thomas" ? :hihi:
EXACTLY!

These are for homers, not those that look at things objectively. Yes, they have players they can plug in play with. But the reality is, if anyone of these fill ins were worth a lick as starters, they would have either been;
1-) A final roster player for the Saints.
2-) A roster player for another team.

So it is grand, the Saints are able to field a complete team. Other than that, Payton will need to hope and pray Brees does not get killed, having to hold onto the ball longer, trying to find an open receiver.

Callway looks like he could be a great contributor, and I definitely hope he makes the most of the opportunity. It hurts having Sanders out, as he was looking like the main dependable option for us. Hopefully Cook will be more involved. Payton is going to have to get creative.
I love the potential of Callaway. Just may be a little early for him, but you never know. Sometimes the rose will bloom early. We certainly need it to this time.

This is exactly the type of situation where CSP goes into “mad scientist” mode and flips to the back of his playbook where there are plays sketched in pencil and on cocktail napkins etc... the offense will do a few things we’ve never before today.

Seems though that these are the times when Cook has dissapeard. when the spotlight is on him he withers. When the cast around him is going off he grabs 7 catches for 4 first downs and 2 TD's. When we need him to carry us it just does not happen.
I hope I am wrong today.

Let’s hope he continues to feel good because we’ll probably be without Thomas and Sanders again next week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom