Sean Payton has a new job (at Fox) (1 Viewer)

Fox is the only pre-game I will watch. CBS and ESPN are awful. I did watch NBC sometimes. Drew actually did pretty good as the studio analyst, in my humble opinion.

Same here. The others are just the ones we flip back and forth between till Terry and Howie ... and now Drew ... are on.

Are you his wife/daughter? What makes you think that he'd give up a job on TV where he could potentially make 3x more and work 10x less a week than he would coaching
You cannot win the Lombardi while sitting in a broadcast booth!

Love how Florio throws out his usual dramatic fluff stating that he was close to becoming the Dolphins head coach, when there was nothing to support that rumor.
He is great at taking little bits of coincidental/circumstantial truth and stringing them together to support his huge, completely unsubstantiated claims and make themsound believable. He rarely if ever names his "sources" or deals with any subject matter that can be easily refuted, or is likely to be commented on by actual real life sources.

This will be the first season I’ll be tuning in then, in many many years. I’m excited to see what he brings to the table in that capacity.

I didn’t even tune in to Brees last season.
I think Sean will be good at it because his personality seems to fit that style more of the laid back stuff. I saw Drew during the one Saints game before I cut the dish off and he was bleh at best it's not his thing and that's fine...I mean he is gone after a year so. I think this year I get to catch one game the Thursday Arizona game so hopefully just one more year and next year I can get back to actually watching some Saints games.

Sean really doesn't want the grind of coaching again and is hoping this network gig works out.
Thats what ive been thinking. I believe your an insider of sorts and would know that pretty well.

Sean Taking over will elevate that show. I love Jimmy but he doesn't represent todays NFL. I think thats the biggest weakness with NFL shows or productions. Many people on them are very far removed from the game. Even Dungy isnt relevant anymore.

Now they just need to get rid of Terry. Id like someone like FitzPatrick to take his place. Someone who is knowledgeable and has an entertaining personality. Terry is niether one of those anymore.

Sean has charisma and Drew doesn’t. Love me some DB but he has always been extremely conservative in his pressers. Seemed like he had a hard time loosening up a from his playing days. He maybe should have taken a year off.

If he is good (as I expect), and if he likes it, I expect Sean to stay there for a while.
This part. I hope its a one year thing we need those picks and the longer he is out teams will try and get less compensation.

I am happy for him and I hope he does well. I can't wait to watch him this year. We have a fan of the Saints in office so those clowns can't hate on us once the winning starts.

As I expected, Sean will be joining Fox in-studio, at the 11am pre-game show and sometimes at noon replacing Jimmy Johnson.

If he is good (as I expect), and if he likes it, I expect Sean to stay there for a while.

He just needs to go back into coaching about the time that Arch comes out...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom